Education Technical Extender(583 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) provides training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resources management services to privat, governmental, and semi governmental sectors. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat and Kandahar.
Everything we do at ACE is premised on our key core principles of honesty, fairness, commitment to excellence and accountability. Adopting an employee-driven model reflects these principles. Exceeding the customer’s expectation, going the extra mile for a client, respect for fellow colleagues and willingness to innovate remains our priorities. We believe in empowering and making a difference. We aim to become a leading firm in developing sustainable enterprises and a demand driven workforce in Afghanistan.
We provide turnkey solutions and cater to the needs of Afghan private and public sectors, NGOs and the international community operating in Afghanistan. ACE has and continues to implement and serve dozens of projects and clients all over Afghanistan.
S/he will work with PED and provincial CBE team (PCO & FMs) on the project implementation in the areas of CBEs establishment, monitoring, verification, community mobilization and establishment of CFS and ECD. He/she will conduct regular monitoring of CBS (Community Based Schools)/Accelerated Learning Centers (ALCs), implementation of CFSs (Child Friendly Schools); monitor the teaching/learning process, status of the students’ attendance, classrooms instruction, availability of the teaching and learning materials.
Provide various reports to the UNICEF education Officer on projects implementation in the respective province. Will also ensure establishment of a mechanism for proper recording and updating of segregated data, compilation of the data following the format provided by Education Section in the various areas of the programme.
Overall Purpose: To provide required technical support to the Provincial Education Department in 4 Province and District Education Directors for effective, quality and timely implementation of the UNICEF supported programs and monitor education projects.
The TE will be based in the PED’s Office – will undertake regular visit to the project sites (at least 50% of his/her time).
• Education Technical Extender will be contracted by a third-party company and supervised by the UNICEF SR Education Officer and Chief of Zonal office.
• S/he will work closely with other Provincial and District Education Director
Type of Supervision required: Timely review of the reports, work plan, sudden field visit and re-monitoring. UNICEF SR Zone Office in consultation with Third Party Company will conduct jointly the mid-year and annual performance appraisal of the TE.
Travel required: S/he will be expected to travel regularly to the project sites in the districts of 4 provinces.
|Date Posted:||12 Apr 2018||Reference:||0123|
|Closing Date:||19 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide necessary Technical and operational support to the PED to ensure quality and timely implementation of the Education supported activities in consultation with UNICEF SR Education Officer.
• Conduct regular monitoring of CBSs (Community Based Schools)/Accelerated Learning Centers (ALCs), implementation of CFSs (Child Friendly Schools) including teachers training program: to monitor the teaching/learning process, status of the students’ attendance, classrooms instruction, availability of the teaching and learning materials.
• Monitor the progress/process of School WASH and Hygiene programs; water point construction, functionality of the water point, quality of the water (color, odour and test).
• Develop a data base for education activities including CBEs, ECDs, CFSs, teachers training and data of students and teachers for TLM distribution.
• Oversee monitoring and reporting mechanism of GPE program at provincial and District levels and financial monitoring at provincial level.
• Be fully acquainted with check-lists. Other data collection tools, reports and ensure they are properly filled out by the IP staff and quality reports submitted in a timely manner according to the agreed on format and frequency to UNICEF ZO.
• Provide monthly reports on achievements to SZO Office including progress on project implementation and situation of women and children in target communities according to the agreed on work plan and reporting tools and training received. Situation requiring immediate action should be brought to UNICEF’s attention promptly. Sensitive issues that may deem as leading to negative impact or failure shall be reported to the UNICEF SR Education Officer.
• Cooperate, where possible with relevant provincial and district authorities, UNICEF IPs, communities and elders to ensure the conduct of effective monitoring and supervision of UNICEF’s projects in the most neutral and impartial manner.
• Implement education related projects and streamline data base collection and update on education related activities;
• Support and ensure regular and proper monitoring of the CBEs to control quality and progress with a special attention to establish a mechanism to monitor student related issues such as girls participation, access, retention and achievement of students in education in close collaboration with provincial education department through field visits
• Initiate data base in all education areas (CBEs, ECDs, TLM for formal schools, G3-G6 teachers training);
• Present a real observation report for using this data for next plans.
• Plan and coordinate distribution of learning and non-learning materials being provided by UNICEF with PED.
• Work closely with GPE coordinator and CBE monitors in the department of education.
• Prepare technical workshops for PED staff.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- TE should preferably have a university degree and/or equivalent management experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of planning monitoring and evaluation.
- Should have good communication skill.
- Fluent in local language (Pashto), reading & writing skill in English.
- Should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and also capable of data entry and running pre-defined reports in Microsoft Office
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Drupal Administration Training Consultant at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|English Skills Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|IELTS Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Hygiene Education and CLTS Mobilizer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||28 Apr 2018|
|Education Technical Extenders at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Parwan||28 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||05 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Manager of Technical Teacher Training and Pro.. at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|مدیر اجرائی مرکز آموزشها.. at Asia Higher Training C..||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|NOSS and Curriculum Development Sr. Officer at SALAM||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development Specia.. at SALAM||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kapisa||24 Apr 2018|
|Assistant Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|