Medical Officer Emergency Room(1036 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
• Responsible to take care of all emergency and critically ill patients and consult with the respected consultants when needed.
|Date Posted:||12 Apr 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/136|
|Closing Date:||19 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete initial assessment and document all the findings for all the emergency patients.
• Provide daily service to all critically ill and emergency patients.
• Regular on call night duty with collaboration with pediatric medicine.
• Consult with all respected consultants when needed.
• Follow the instructions of consultants for their specific regime for each individual patient.
• Write up “to take home prescriptions” for patients as required.
• Visit patients as required at the request of the nursing staff.
• To be familiar with all relevant procedures/policies.
• To participate in clinical audit and implementation of JCIA standards.
• To record all treatments performed in patient notes.
• To provide a full report to Resident Medical Officer commencing the next shift.
• Promote patient care by liaison with all departments.
• Any other responsibility assigned by the head of the department.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill in Pashto, Dari and English.
• Good computer skill especially in MS office.
• Good teaching and presentation skills.
• Ability of conflict resolution.
• Ability to work under stress conditions.
• MD from a recognized university
• Specialization in pediatrics medicine or cardiology is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul Medical University or also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged, CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|آمريت نظارت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Dec 2018|
|Technical Consultant (Herat, Kandahar ,Zabul .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||18 Dec 2018|
|سرطبیب شفاخانه at Ministry of Public Health||Takhar||31 Dec 2018|