Project Manager(1421 Views)
About Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) is an independent, Afghanistan-based research institute. Its purpose is to inform and influence policy and practice through conducting high-quality research, to actively disseminate the results, and to promote a culture of research and learning. To achieve its mission AREU engages with policy makers, civil society, researchers and students to promote their use of AREU’s research and its library, to strengthen their research capacity, and to create opportunities for analysis, reflection and debate. AREU’s current major research areas include governance and political economy, natural resource management and sustainable livelihoods, social sector and protection, and gender. Information on AREU is available at www.areu.org.af.
It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to ensure overall management of the research project, ensure the quality of deliverables, communicate with researchers and partners, manage fieldwork activities, and develop research methodologies and tools.
The Project Manager will primarily report to the AREU Research Manager and AREU Director regarding all research related activities. The Project Manager will assist the Research and Donor Coordinator on donor-related activities.
|Date Posted:||12 Apr 2018||Reference:||007AREU|
|Closing Date:||25 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Managing the research project and supervising the work of the research officers and assistants.
• Developing or substantively participating in the development of research methodologies and research tools (interview guides, survey instruments, etc.).
• Meeting donors, government officials, and other stakeholders to discuss research ideas.
• Contributing with the Research Manager, Publication Officer, Finance Manager, and Research and Donor Coordinator in creating concept papers, proposals, and budget outlines.
• Contributing to narrative progress reports and academic publications.
• Preparing minutes of dialogues and meetings.
• Communicating with partner organizations on overall research activities.
• Collecting data, analyzing, and drafting project reports.
• Performing job appraisals of supervised staff.
• Working with the AREU Executive Management Team to meet donor contractual requirements.
• Coordinating logistical activities with the Administrative and Finance departments to ensure the most effective and safe operationalization of research staff and consultants during field research.
• Representing AREU’s GCRF project externally and communicating relevant research findings at meetings with external actors (government, UN, donors, NGOs, project implementers, academia, media).
• Assisting AREU’s Communication and Advocacy Department in developing communication strategies for research studies.
• Ensuring research findings and are relevant to the concerns of AREU’s target audiences, particularly policymakers and development practitioners.
• Developing and maintaining links with other research organizations both in Afghanistan and abroad.
Research Capacity Building
• Working with the project’s capacity building team to facilitate trainings and mentorship and identify research team capacity building needs.
• Reviewing and providing input on draft papers produced from research and internal concept notes to ensure accuracy and relevance.
• Providing input into annual and strategic plans and budgets.
• Analyzing field data in partnership with other researchers.
• Co-authoring publications in partnership with project researchers.
• The position will be full-time and based in Kabul, but require travel within Afghanistan, as security permits.
• A Master’s Degree in the social sciences or relevant field (development, agriculture, public health, etc.).
• At least 5 years of experience in conducting and participating in social science research (experience in drug-related issues is preferred).
• Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari, and Pashto.
• Computer skills including word-processing and file management software (Microsoft Office) and research software (SPSS, Stata, or GIS).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualifying candidates should send their application with an updated CV/resume and a cover letter by April 25th, 2018 which outlines how your experience relates to the skills and experience in the Person Specification to below email address.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Research Officer at Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Surveyor at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Farah||03 Dec 2018|