Regional Economic Planning Manager(570 Views)
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows:
1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment.
2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices.
3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region.
4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a Regional Economic Planning Manager to play active role in urban planning division and contribute in managing and preparation of multidisciplinary urban plans and designs for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
|Date Posted:||14 Apr 2018||Reference:||CRIDA-003-2018|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Architecture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Economic Planning manager will be reporting directly to senior regional development manager.
• Manage and organize the tasks and prepare detailed work plan (Weekly, Monthly and Annual)
• Perform and review research work in related field, struggle for innovative ideas and find adaptable global experiences
• Analyze the development projects based on balanced development trends in Afghanistan in line with government policy
• Analyze the quality of the development projects and finding the relevancy with master plans / strategic plans and development vision of unique character of each city
• Prioritization of the projects considering number of employment opportunities, women participation and private sector led developments
• Analyzing development model of the projects such as PPP, government or private financing, and compare the scenarios to assure best alternative is selected
• Study technical, economic and environmental feasibility of the projects prepared by relevant organizations in order to assure the design is based on recommendations of feasibility study
• Analyzing the scope of the projects and provide feedbacks for the betterment and shortening of the procurement process
• Analyzing the BOQ and comparing with the design and scope of the projects
• Analyzing economic viability, environmental justifications and cultural characteristics of development projects
• Analyze and review infrastructure related issues to be addressed in development plans and strategic plans
• Provide technical assistance to local governments regarding matters related to overall planning and regional growth and development;
• Provide technical assistance in preparing reports and presentations on a variety of topics, including recreation, transportation, emergency management, housing, and economic development;
• Regularly review government and private publications for funding opportunities;
• Use articulate and professional communication skills to gather information from community and stakeholders;
• Coordinate and lead public meetings and workshops, in order to meet public participatory approach
• Reads, analyses and manipulates research data, translates it into coherent strategy (critical insights and underpins arguments) and presents it to others
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• • Ability to conduct economic and environmental justification of the land development
• Ability in preparation of Master plans, Structure plans, development plans and detailed plans
• Ability to understand the procurement process of the projects
• Ability to prepare bid documents for the projects
• Ability to prepare scope of work and BOQ for the development projects
• Ability to understand overall process of procurement including consultancy, construction, design belt and special projects
• Ability to understand engineering surveys
• Ability to understand socio-economic surveys
• Ability to conduct site investigations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• High levels of creativity, imagination and visioning
• Able to apply theories and techniques in the social sciences to solve problems
• Must have sufficient knowledge on balanced development approach principles
• Able to use survey data to examine urban, rural and social issues
Skills Needed to Work in Physical Geography
• Able to use GIS and Image Analysis Systems (IAS) technologies for planning and resource management
• Able to apply theories and techniques in the natural sciences to solve problems
• Able to create and manipulate digital images in GIS software
• Able to draw conclusions from analysis of different sets of data
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to meet the dead lines
• Able to travel in all over the Capital Region and Afghanistan
• Familiar with the type of qualitative and quantitative research available.
• • The Regional Economic Planning manager must have master’s degree in urban planning, development studies, architecture and economy
• 5 years’ experience in the field of planning or development and 8 years for bachelor’s degree holder in same field
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience with computer-aided design.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Architecture
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 24th April 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House #214, Street #4, 4th Precinct
Solh Road, Ansari 1st Stree, Haji Yaqoob Square, Share-Naw
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!