Senior Specialist – International Relations & Government Agencies.(1094 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The Senior Specialist - International Relations & Government Agencies will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff at Ministry of communications & IT and will provide technical & coordinated support to the stated office on managing the ministry’s international relations with development partners and diplomatic missions, the position will also manage the domestic relations with our partner government agencies and independent organizations. The Senior Specialist will coordinate, communicate and report MCIT engagements and commitments with both international development partners and Diplomatic missions, and the Afghan line ministries.
The Senior Specialist will be based in MCIT and providing technical support within the framework laid down by the office of the Chief of Staff & will have the following duties and responsibilities:
|Date Posted:||14 Apr 2018||Reference:||MCIT-Reform-007|
|Closing Date:||20 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Support Chief of staff office in institutionalization of relations management both at domestic and international levels.
Following up and Track IR Programs, Agreements and Partnerships on behalf of MCIT.
Establish ICT development partners’/donor agency portfolio management system.
Develop and Maintain ICT sector development engagements matrix with relevant stakeholders and update periodically.
Develop & Maintain updated contact details system for both international and domestic stakeholders’ coordination platforms.
Prepare briefings to the leadership on the subject matter, maintain record, and follow up on regular basis.
Following and keep track of H.E Minister MCIT’s high level international & domestic meetings & commitments.
In close coordination with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, establishing and developing Ministerial protocol for such meetings and engagements both at MCIT and outside the MCIT.
Any other program related tasks assigned by supervisor
• Ability to lead, manage and take decisions
• Having enough knowledge of Public relations.
• Skills in Professional communication with international institutions and missions.
• Be able to use MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Enough Knowledge of programs coordination and donor relation.
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and be able to work with a minimum of supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and local languages both.
• A Master’s degree or its equivalent in International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or any other relevant disciplines is required.
• 5 years’ working experience in managing public relations offices, program development, & Advisory roles at senior level with both national and international organizations.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|DCOP at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|مدیر عمومی بودجه at Ministry of Women Affairs (MoWA)||Kabul||26 Dec 2018|
|CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO) at Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|