Development Programs and Reforms Specialists(555 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The Development Programs and Reforms Specialists will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff at Ministry of communications & IT and will provide technical & clerical support to the stated office on managing the ministry’s development budget programs and establish a reforms implementation group from the available resources to create a realistic reforms agenda for this ministry in its way. The Specialists will coordinate, communicate and report MCIT development engagements and commitments with senior management of MCIT on regular basis and seek their inputs in its effective execution with defined timelines and indicators to report against.
The Specialists will be based in MCIT and providing technical support within the framework laid down by the office of the Chief of Staff & will have the following duties and responsibilities:
|Date Posted:||14 Apr 2018||Reference:||MCIT-Reform-005|
|Closing Date:||20 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Support Chief of staff office in institutionalization of the stated reform agenda.
Prepare a mechanism/tools to record action points and track its progress with relevant stakeholders with regular reporting and updates.
Establish/develop national and sub national portfolio on development programs.
Develop and Maintain ICT sector development engagements matrix with relevant stakeholders and update periodically.
Develop a way forward in establishing a Public Private Partnership unit at MCIT to be justified and included in MCIT’s FY 1398 Budget.
Prepare briefings to the leadership on the subject matters, maintain record, and follow up on regular basis.
Following and keep track of H.E Minister MCIT’s high level domestic meetings & commitments on the reform agenda.
Support the Chief of Staff office in establishing & designing IT High Council in close coordination with AoP & CSO.
Provide technical and advisory support to the chief of staff office on developing monitoring, evaluation and reporting mechanism in close coordination with the relevant departments.
Support the Chief of Staff Office different units in their daily work and develop their capacity accordingly.
Any other program related tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to lead, manage and take decisions
• Having enough knowledge of Public relations.
• Skills in Professional communication with international institutions and missions.
• Be able to use MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Enough Knowledge of programs coordination and donor relation.
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and be able to work with a minimum of supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and local languages both.
• A Master’s/Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Project Management, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant disciplines is required.
• Minimum 5 years’ working experience in managing public program development, Reforms implementation & Development Budget areas at senior level with both national and international organizations.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر تجارتی at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|مدیر مالی و اداری at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Administration Officer at GTR Group||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|(معاونیت تجارتی (ریاست جو.. at DABS||Jawzjan||24 Jul 2018|
|(مدیر تحریرات (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|ریاست تهیه و تدارکات at DABS||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|