Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator(625 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Provincial M&E/Reporting officer is responsible to monitor the RMA project activities at different levels including RMA and upper catchment level, provide comprehannsive reports and ensure timely follow up also ensure the quality of the data. He/she will work closely with project manager to identify any potential challenges and gaps and propose ways for improvement in the project inception, implementation and evaluation phases.
|Date Posted:||15 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-18|
|Closing Date:||29 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and visit RAMA (Reginald Management) Project targeted areas to ensure project progress against project objectives/work plan.
• Take leading role in preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management
• With the technical advice project manager and Afghanaid M&E manager conduct project baseline, mid-line and end line surveys and support NRM specialists and other team to conduct assessment of target rangelands and produce reports to inform individual RMA plans. To include: household survey, community information gathering, land degradation and desertification mapping, documentation of current land management practices and tensions, and inventory of rangeland assets
• Ensure the accuracy of collected data from the field through different data collection methods ensuring the quality of the data.
• Participate in generating donor reports, actively assist in developing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities.
• Responsible for proper project filing consist in soft filing and hard filing at district and provincial offices.
• Responsible for collecting the project evidences at provincial and district offices and share the evidences with Afghanaid head office once required.
• Ensuring routine monitoring of the Reginald management associations (RMA) and link them with the relevant governmental departments.
• Monitoring and documentation of best practices, approaches and lessons learned during field testing of model and guidelines.
• Assist in development of templates for Rangeland Management Plans, Annual O&M Plans and constitutions.
• Assist in development of an online nationwide database of Rangeland Management Associations members in partnership with DG-NRM and training staff on its usage
• Ensure project mid-term evaluation and end-line survey is carried out according to the plan and provide support to external evaluators
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by line manager.
• Assist project Manager in updating and maintaining the Project Database;
• Assist in translation of Project required documents from Dari/Pashtu to English and vice-versa
• Assist in preparation of Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ NRM, Business administration or environmental science.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in project monitoring, research, reporting and or relevant field with INGOs, donor agencies or UN agencies.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable monitoring and evaluation coordinator with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, data collection, analysis, file management, data measurement and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency in computer software including MS Office etc.
• Proficiency in analytical software like SPSS etc…
• Working/practical knowledge and skill of programme input, output, outcome and impact monitoring.
• Project different studies including base line, midterm review and end line surveys as well as due diligence survey.
• Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
• Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
• A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
• Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
• Sensitivity to gender issues.
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
• Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Afghanistan - Daikondi
Please email a covering letter and your CV, by no later than 29th April 2018, including your name and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Curriculum Development Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|M&E Officer at MAIL||Baghlan||23 Jul 2018|
|MARKETING OFFICER at Sky Travel and Tours||Balkh||31 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) As.. at The Asia Foundation||Multi Cities||28 Jul 2018|