Finance Analyst(3521 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
Youth In Action (YIA) was established in 2011 and is a 100% Afghan led organization that specializes in Human Resource placement, training and human capital development in professional areas such as financial management, human resource management, procurement and business advisory.
YIA works together with companies and organizations as smart partnership in providing hands-on solution to the literacy, performance and efficiency challenges by developing their human capital.
YIA has an effective reputation for enhancing opportunities for the youth in Afghanistan through their staffing and program management support programs. YIA has a unique expertise in delivering cost effective yet inclusive training to meet the requirements of the state of the art and computerized management systems.
The main objective of YIA is to provide opportunities for the Afghan youth to practice and hone their knowledge and skills to make the management systems computerized in the government and private sectors, enhance literacy rate and improve performance by providing effective trainings and improve efficiency by establishing standard operating procedures and processes.
The Financial Analyst shall conduct analytical studies to determine the financial position for budgetary units, apply instructions to complete budget cycle, identify all appropriate sources of information, and the methods used in accomplishing the work. The Financial Analyst shall review financial and operational data and generate summary reports, compile annual budgets from various standard or prescribed sources, prepare schedules of disbursements, and statistical charts reflecting the financial and operating characteristics of organizations. The Financial Analyst shall perform work in connection with various agency programs and involve work in the development of salary requirements, operating standards and other safeguarding measures for insuring stability of financial organizations.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||18-4|
|Closing Date:||29 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop analytical studies to determine the financial position of the ministry for all
2. Apply instructions to complete budget cycle, identifying all appropriate sources of information, and the methods used in accomplishing the work.
3. Analyze financial and operational data submitted by organizations and provide summary reports to USG advisors engaged in financial work. Compile annual budgets from various standard or prescribed sources.
4. Prepare schedules of disbursements, statistical charts reflecting the financial and operating characteristics of organizations, and similar material.
5. Compare prior and current years to forecast, or provide forecasting advice to leadership.
6. Develop a spend plan, which shows month to month expenditures, track expenditures to the plan and report to management the status of execution.
7. Evaluate accounting material to determine whether it is accurate, consistent, and a full and fair disclosure of economic and financial condition.
8. Recommend the issuance of requests for amendments to correct deficiencies. Perform financial duties to include but not limited to relating needs and accomplishments of the organization to anticipated and actual dollar figures in the budget and relate this knowledge to the needs of the serviced organizations.
9. Search records, files, and other readily accessible sources for information pertaining to documents with responsibility for determining consistency with or noting discrepancies between currently- and previously-filed information.
10. Assemble information concerning specified items from various readily accessible, commonly used sources for financial activities, which include providing financial information to and coordinating with USG advisors on behalf of Ministry of Defense (MOD). Check payroll filings or other forms for compliance with instructions regarding the forms used for filing, proper execution of legal documents, and presence of required supporting documents.
11. Obtain, compile, and summarize narrative information and quantitative data for use by others within the office.
12. Verify line item costs in the budget and enter costs in standard forms and schedules.
13. Extract budget and program data from computer printouts of accounting records, forms, and reports for use by co-workers.
14. Remain current on Afghan Financial Management laws, rules, and policy knowledge and competencies, and industry environments to maintain professional development.
15. Any of the duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the ministry/agency.
16. Performs financial management/budget formulation work involving preparation of detailed
analyses of annual and/or multi-year budget and estimates of annual funding needs for one
or more budget years.
17. Performs budget execution, trend analysis and financial management work involving the
monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds, different sources
and types of funding; such as direct annual appropriations.
18. Provides advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting, cost estimating and financial
19. management related information.
20. Conducts analysis, reviews, and special studies of financial management and/or cost related
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1, Knowledge of commonly used accounting, budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes.
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, goals, objectives, work objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to installation programs/organizations.
3. Knowledge of sources of factual information about and related to processes of budgeting, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts and systems capabilities to accomplish budget/funding tasks.
5. Skill in formulating, justifying, and/or executing assigned budgets/programs.
6. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data to prepare budget estimates, develops alternatives, and makes recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to justify, defend, present, and/or advise on budgetary processes/actions.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access programs and/or other automated HR systems/applications.
9. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
10. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
11. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
12. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
13. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of their duties.
1. At least 3 years of experience in a financial position or a relevant field.
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics or business discipline.
3. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel) and QuickBooks.
4. Experience of financial management, including accounting software.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
1- Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
2- In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title and the Province that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
3- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Sub Grant Senior Officer at National Democratic Institute for Internation..||Kabul||30 Aug 2018|
|International Financial Consultant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Finance Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Senior Finance Assistant at National Democratic Institute for Internation..||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Finance Manager at Shining Star Educational Organization||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Finance Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Noor Hassan Group of Companies||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||04 Sep 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||05 Sep 2018|
|Finance Officer at Khaiber Fuel Logistic Service Company||Kandahar||31 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|