Procurement Analyst(6264 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
Youth In Action Consultancy Co. (YIA) was established in 2011 and specializes in Human Resource placement, training and human capital development.
YIA’s main objective is to work together with companies and organizations as smart partnership in providing practical solutions to the management and efficiency challenges by developing their human capital and enhancing the opportunities for the Afghan youth.
To enhance ANDSF Capabilities and Performance regarding procurement actions within the Ministry of Defense.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||18-6|
|Closing Date:||29 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in all assigned update meetings at the direction of the requiring activity.
2. Within 30 days of assignment, be familiar with all Afghanistan Procurement Laws, Decrees, and Policies.
3. Within 30 days of assignment, develop an internal work plan to accomplish statements of work (SOWs) or performance work statements (PWSs), to include strategies to develop, implement, assess, and modify ANSF acquisition policies, procedures, and core competency processes.
4. Support TAACs when issues arise related to ANSF regional contracting agencies.
5. Train the ANSF on methods of managing and auditing contracts and the procedures for interacting with, and being assessed by a COR.
6. Train ANSF acquisition personnel on PWS/Statement of Work (SOW) and QASP development and execution.
7. Support ANSF contracting personnel on how to prepare requirement packages, conduct bidder/vendor conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals, negotiate contract provisions, develop awards, administer contracts, and negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to contracts. Contractor procurement mentors shall not make decisions on behalf of Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) with relation to these functions.
8. Support ANSF on how to manage the procurement system and data-flow from ANSF contracting sites to the Ministerial approval authorities, in order to ensure transparency and accountability of funds from contract-award to contract close-out.
9. Provide Support to Afghan acquisition agencies and procurement departments on a full range of acquisition core competencies to include, but not limited to: requirements validation and acquisition prioritization; acquisition financial management; development of request for proposals (RFPs) and other contract solicitations for materiel and services; processes for source (vendor) bid evaluation and selection and award; contract inspection and audit; certification of the delivery of articles and services; preparation and acceptance of material and services receiving reports; processes for vendor payment; and processes encompassing contract closure.
10. Support ANSF contracting personnel on the methods of continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the vendor pay process.
11. Support the ANSF contracting personnel in the development of a contracting training program to include written products such as lesson plans and training plans.
12. Assist the ANSF contracting personnel with contract-closeout procedures.
13. Assist ANSF contracting personnel in the development of contract tracking policies and procedures. Assist ANSF contracting personnel in the development of contract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions used for procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
14. Assist ANSF officials with acquisition planning, and with the development of acquisition strategies that require both contracted, and organic solutions.
15. Coordinate and conduct training classes with ANSF contracting personnel.
16. Provide a critical link to Ministerial Procurement and Finance Advisors in support of efforts to transition contracted requirements from a Coalition Forces to an Afghan lead contracted requirement.
17. Attend procurement training encompassing Afghan-specific procurement laws and procedures, principles of Afghan contract oversight and execution, and insight toward Afghan culture and business practices.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
2. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
3. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
4. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
5. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of his duties.
1. Two (2) years of direct contract acquisition experience or a minimum of three (3) years of Contract Management or Contract Administration experience at a Government agency
2. Must be capable of operating independently and responsibly, as well as an integrated member of a team. Superior writing, computing and communications skills.
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics or business discipline.
4. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel) and QuickBooks.
5. Experience of financial management, including accounting software.
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
1- Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
2- In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title and the Province that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
3- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Custom/Procurment Assistant at ALEF Technology||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Procurement & Contract Management Assistant at Hawk Vision||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Senior Procurement Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|