Credit Officer(1080 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 20 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 370 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Credit Officer will work closely with clients. The Credit Officer will identify potential clients and conduct promotion and training in order to process the loan. The CO will prepare the documentation of loan for clients and provide to relevant CS. The Branch Manager (BM) will set a target number of clients/amount that the Credit Officer will be required to disburse in his/her geographic area. After a client identified, the Credit Officer will attend meetings and will be responsible for disbursement and recoveries by client in to the branch. The Credit Officer and his/her clients are subject to auditing at any time by FINCA staff. The clients will also receive technical support and training from the Credit Officer, and the credit officer is responsible for clearly explanations of the policy/procedure of FINCA product and explination of the responsibilities of the client toward FINCA.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||FA-KBL-HQ-189|
|Closing Date:||05 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to achieve organization goals, the Credit Officer (CO) will be responsible for finding clients for the FINCA loan products in a pre selected operating area to which he/she is assigned. The CO will provide the following services as per client’s needs:
• Identify and train potential clients on FINCA Afghanistan lending methodologies.
• Develop a work plan for attracting clients in the geographical area assigned to the CO.
• Manage clients, analyze business of potential clients, prepare and complete loan agreement with clients based on the facts, take responsibility for the loan approval process and all loan documentation, monitor the use of the given loan in compliance with the enforced policy and procedures.
• Manage and assume responsibility for the recovery of the given loan from clients, through on time follow-up and make sure the client has deposited his/her repayment to the branch cashier against proper receipt. Credit Officer is not allowed to collect repayment in the field.
• In case of any problem, work with clients in person on a daily basis, for on time recoveries and reporting to the responsible authority within the branch.
• Provide clients with information on regulations and policy/procedures of FINCA Afghanistan and importance of adherence to methodologies with high customer services standard.
• Provide feedbacks on product/policy/procedures to the branch management.
• Be proactive in suggesting changes to FINCA’s methodology that will reduce risk and increase the number of clients.
• Achieve portfolio targets set by operation department.
• Assist other loan officer in marketing and recovery as per branch management instruction.
• Advertise and promote FINCA’s loan products to potential clients
• Maintain good relations and focus to the needs of existing clients
• Research the market and understand clients’ needs and innovative ways that FINCA can meet those needs
• Maintain good relations with influential members of the community in order to improve FINCA’s reputation with the communities where FINCA works.
• Always conduct your behavior professionally and calmly; do not get into arguments with clients in public; treat every client or potential client with respect.
• Help the public understand the benefits of FINCA’s work and FINCA’s plans to help Afghanistan.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Post disbursement visit of new clients one week after disbursement date.
• Regular monitoring of the existing clients and report any deficiencies to the branch management.
• Maintain accurate related portfolio reports.
• Attend all branch meetings, submit required reports, complete work plan on regular basis.
• Immediately report any suspicious activity, problem, fraud, relates to the client to Credit Supervisor branch management or related departments.
• Ensure the safety of FINCA’s assets and the integrity of FINCA’s procedures.
Training and Human Resources
• Provide the FINCA client with training in basic accounting, loan administration, and management.
• Provide or assist in conducting business training for clients.
• Assist in development of other FINCA employees. Mentor new Credit Officers, help other Credit Staff as required by the Credit Supervisor or Branch Manager.
• Evaluate the credit risk of client before approval of loan. Check every applicants business before every loan, verifying that loans are used based on the given criteria within the product policy.
Perform other reasonable tasks as required by management, and ensure to follow all FINCA’s policy procedure and any miss conduction will lead both employee and client to the legal prosecution of the Afghanistan law.
• Minimum High school diploma, University education in finance, retail banking, credit, money lending, or another quantitative field an advantage
• Experience in private business, credit, trade, or manufacturing desirable
• Initiative, integrity, self-management, and ability to work independently (while consulting with management)
• Experience working in the field, bazaars, or markets an advantage
• Knowledge in social science or having some experience in social work
• Good communication skills and ability to work on a team
• Dari and Pashto fluency required; some knowledge of English is an advantage.
• Computer (word processing, data entry and data base management) skills an advantage
Afghanistan - Herat: KOHSAN
AF AF 12
High School, Business Administration
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter and photo attached with CV also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-189 Credit Officer), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position. It is to mentioned that those CV"s Will consider who send Locally from mentioned province.
|More jobs in this category|
|صراف Teller (Main Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||10 Oct 2018|
|Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|