Law Reveiw STTAs(739 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
-On April 18, 2016, USAID launched the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project. The purpose of this Task Order is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. To achieve the main purpose of this Task Order, ADALAT will advance three main sub-purposes:
1. Increased effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector,
2. Strengthened linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and
3. Increased citizen demand for quality legal services.
ADALAT’s STTAs for law review, will work closely with ADALAT judicial team to review all relevant legislative documents of the Supreme Court (SC) to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the SC’s performance in both judicial and non – judicial affairs. This task may start 15th of April 2018 and will continue for up to 90 working days.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||097|
|Closing Date:||23 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||15 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Together with the law reviewing working group, the STTA will prioritize the Supreme Court Laws, Rules, Regulations, Strategies and Procedures which need to be reviewed.
• Categorize the Laws, Rules, Regulations, Strategies and Procedures into the areas of specific expertise.
• Review the Laws, Rules, Regulations, Strategies and Procedures: to separate all annulled articles from the enforced articles of the Laws, Rules, Regulations, Strategies and Procedures.
• To provide feedback and recommendations to the Research and Study Directorate of the SC on different laws reviewed, and propose positive amendments to the related laws and regulations;
• Together with the Law Review Committee, make abovementioned legislative documents responsive the daily needs of the SC;
• Report to ADALAT regularly.
• Any other task assigned by the SC Team Leader.
• Each working group has to review 2 - 3 enforced legislative documents and propose amendments to the specific articles and report it on weekly and quarterly base.
• Train the professional members of Research and Studies Directorate on the above tasks so in future the Research and Studies Directorate will take care of this tasks
At least working three - fours days full time in a week in the ADALAT office or SC compound is required. Travel to province is not required.
• Having BA in Law or sharia law. Master’s degree holder is preferable.
• 15 plus years of experience in the related job or with judiciary is required.
• Prior experience working as judge, prosecutor or defense lawyer is required.
• Experience with Afghanistan judicial system, education and training programs is required.
• Experience in reviewing different legislative documents is required.
• Excellent written and spoken Dari or Pashto language skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly such " Law Review STTAs 097 " or your application may not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Proposal Writing Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Land Dispute Procedural Developer STTA at Checchi and Company Consulting..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|