Staff Attorney(7605 Views)
About Youth in Action Consulting Company
Youth In Action Consultancy Co. (YIA) was established in 2011 and specializes in Human Resource placement, training and human capital development.
YIA’s main objective is to work together with companies and organizations as smart partnership in providing practical solutions to the management and efficiency challenges by developing their human capital and enhancing the opportunities for the Afghan youth.
The Legal Support Attorney/Advocate shall possess expertise and demonstrate understanding in the following fields: the Constitution of Afghanistan, rule of law, judicial processes, political science, criminal justice principles, and purpose and function of Afghan governing bodies. The selected candidates will fill a critical void in supporting the Ministry of Defense legal entities, to include both the Ministry of Defense Legal Department (MoDL) and the General Staff Legal Department (GS-Legal). Candidates selected will provide accurate legal advice on various issues affecting the Ministry of Defense after analyzing applicable law, legal principles, concepts, regulations, precedent, and practices. The Ministry of Defense Legal Department (MoD Legal) is currently making every effort to support procurement reform. They are regularly engaging with AT&L and AA to help the procurement process on various fronts.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||18-7|
|Closing Date:||29 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, fundamental legal analysis and skills in laws, principles, systems, policies, methods, and practices; as well as analytical, and research techniques sufficient to conduct fact finding and recommend solutions to legal issues affecting the Ministry of Defense. Ability to register and track cases, provide assigned investigators and inspectors with legal advice and guidance to assist them during investigative process.
2. MoD Legal attorneys are reviewing contracts that are up for award; currently, there not
enough attorneys to review the amount of reviewed requested.
3. MoD Legal attorneys are supporting AT&L with creating a training program for both
procurement officials and attorneys, to include (hopefully) setting up a Mobile Training
4. MoD Legal attorneys are supporting the PoA, MINDEF, and FDM in providing sound
advice for acquisition policies/procedures.
5. Ability to either assist in the prosecution of cases in a support capacity or prosecute cases, as directed, in accordance with Afghan law and MoD policies and regulations.
6. To use computers or other advanced technology to maintain documents, plans, and reports. Document management may include arranging files and confirming submission of legal reports and opinions to other departments, receipt of documents from other departments, and properly archiving and storing and retrieving archived documents.
7. To have the ability to understand, abide by, and advise on the policies, processes, and standard operating procedures of the Afghan National Army.
8. Candidate will agree to any continuing legal and professional development education requirements, as directed by supervisory chain of command.
9. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary, as determined by supervisory chain
of command, so long as those duties relate to supporting the mission in a legal
or professional development capacity (for example, candidate may be required to teach
a block of instruction on an assigned legal topic, support conference planning for
training seminars, attend meetings, as directed, where ANA legal representation may
be required. This list is not all-inclusive.)
1. Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
2. Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
3. Possess the ability to communicate in English via reading, writing, and speaking in order to facilitate communication with Coalition and international personnel
4. Be able to work in an autonomous MoD with little guidance, coordinate activities between coalition and ANDSF officials.
5. Able to travel to remote locations on a routine basis in the performance of his duties
1. Three (3) years of work experience in legal field.
2. Must be capable of operating independently and responsibly, as well as an integrated member of a team. Superior writing, computing and communications skills.
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in degree in the legal field, either as an attorney, prosecutor, or judge.
4. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel).
5. A candidate should demonstrate a working knowledge and skill level for proper use of Microsoft Office Word products. The most vital function is ability to create Microsoft Word Documents. Although not required, expertise in Excel, Power Point, and Access programs and/or other systems/applications is beneficial and will be reviewed favorably.
6. A candidate should demonstrate a professional demeanor, respect for others, and have the ability to be a team player and work well with others. A candidate should have the ability to providing legal opinions and analysis to senior leaders and may, on occasion, be asked to provide presentations in a professional manner to senior leaders.
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
1- Candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to the following email address.
2- In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention the Vacany Number, Position Title, and the Province that you are applying for; otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
3- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Intern at Jabarkhail & Associates Legal Consultancy LLC||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|