PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT CASE OFFICER(548 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping businesses in the target market grow. The target market is businesses that are owned by women or that employ women as 10% or more of their staff.
The Private Sector Development (PSD) Case Officer will have primary responsibility in each region for building a network of private sector stakeholders, focusing on private businesses, for referring businesses for participation in WIE activities and overseeing their participation.
S/he will be the key link between the PSD team in Kabul and the beneficiaries of WIE programming in each region. In conjunction with the Kabul team, s/he will implement PSD activities, make recommendations for new programming and provide feedback on existing. Examples of activities are:
• A program to evaluate businesses and make referrals to professional service providers(bookkeepers, accountants, web designers, consultants, etc.) to address particular issues in the business
• Organizing a roundtable discussion between bankers and local businesses for the bankers to explain what is required for a loan and the businesses to tell the bankers about the sort of financial products they need for their businesses.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||23 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Builds and maintains a network of PSD stakeholders in the region, primarily focusing on private businesses and professional service providers (bookkeepers, accountants, web designers, consultants, etc.)
• Has primary responsibility in the region for implementation of activities to support micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) development. Provides feedback to Kabul staff and makes recommendations for required changes or suggestions for new activities.
• Investigates the capacities of BDS and other professional service providers in region; where appropriate matches providers with target businesses
• Identifies growth sectors for MSMEs in WIE target market
• Other duties as assigned
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Items 2, 3, 7 and 8 below are absolutely required for the job. All applicants MUST be able to demonstrate they meet those requirements at a minimum.
1. Strong team player, who brings innovative thinking, initiative, and a results and customer service oriented approach to the work.
2. Four years’ with bachelor’s degree or over all 7 years relevant experience working with MSME development programming and/or in the private sector.
3. Strong network of private sector contacts in the region, including active business organizations, financial institutions, professional service providers and business owners.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan, donor-funded programs and existing resources to assist those businesses.
5. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree.
6. Able to travel as needed.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Fluency in English and strong computer (Microsoft) skills required.
• The position reports to the Senior Regional Manager
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include PSD Case Officer in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Services Consultant at DAI||Kabul||26 Jul 2018|