Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors(1242 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors position for Management Team section under the supervision of Chief of Team.
|Date Posted:||16 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA 18-012|
|Closing Date:||27 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Team-Advisors (DCOT-A) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the team, including arbitrating between different team members and ensuring that the work duties assigned by the Chief of Team (COT) are being performed. The DCOT-A will be the senior advisor to the COT on all program matters and will thus require a full depth of understanding of all JSSP activities. The DCOT-A shall share representational duties with the COT, including frequent communication and interaction with the U.S. Embassy, international community, and the Government of Afghanistan.
In the COT’s absence, the DCOT-A shall serve as the Acting Chief of Team. The DCOT-A shall:
• Coordinate, integrate, supervise, and direct all JSSP activities to ensure consistency of action and message
• Assist in conducting regular meetings with the JSSP team to ensure that team members are clear on U.S. Embassy initiatives and policy and to coordinate efforts
• Assist in the overall management and direction of the JSSP program; individually supervise and formally evaluate the performance of the “Management Team” and all Section Leaders
• Be responsible for oversight of all program reporting to include the weekly report to be sent to the COT and ultimately INL/Kabul and INL/AP; drafting and submission of quarterly progress reports; drafting and submission of a final report; and other ad hoc reports as requested by the COT
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
• Ability to cite past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work effectively under stressful situations; the DCOT-A must also demonstrate understanding that the role of a DCOT-A necessitates irregular hours and a flexible, positive, and assertive attitude
• Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as they ensure that the DCOT-A can work as an effective leader and team member and also forge successful partnerships with Afghan government officials and the JSSP staff
• Excellent spoken and written English skills and be able to fluently communicate with senior international officials in person, over the phone, and over email
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong personal references and no unexplained departures from previous assignments
• Knowledge of current best international practices for training and mentoring
• Knowledge of organizational development
• Knowledge of the government and ministries of Afghanistan
• Knowledge of capacity building and transition for Afghan justice institutions
• Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring programs in the international development sector
• A minimum of three years of experience in management roles that included strategic planning, program management, resource management and budgeting
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience and a Masters, or 7 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree
• Comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries
• A law or business degree from an accredited Afghan university, or relevant international equivalent, is required. A law degree is preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Management
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than April 27, 2018. The subject line must be (Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors - VA 18-012), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|