International Economic Advisor to the MoMP Minister(788 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking for an international consultant for the post of International Economic Advisor. The consultant will work with MoMP authority with a close working relationship with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programs and activities to address the challenges and opportunities for the sustainable economic development, investment promotion, aid coordination and governance of extractive industries in line with international best economics practices.
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||MoMP/AEITI-005-International Economic Advisor|
|Closing Date:||01 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum in building strategic partnerships with national and regional organizations, civil society and donors and possible investors;
• To support the incorporation of international best practices and lessons learnt on policy and economic development and donor coordination;
• To assist in the drafting and revision of technical documentation related to economic promotion, marketing and donor coordination;
• To help the Ministry in formulating strategic approaches and coordinating programmatic inputs towards good governance and embedded organizational capacity of MoMP;
• To help to provide a comprehensive mechanism for meeting the international benchmarks set for the extractive industry;
• To assist in monitoring economic issues affecting the extractive sector in Afghanistan;
• To encourage the promotion of accountability of different stakeholders within the extractive sector in Afghanistan, in accordance with monitoring and evaluation procedures in place;
• To support the research related to the marketing development and investment promotion of the extractive sector;
• To undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on relevant projects;
• Performing any other tasks assigned by the MoMP authority.
• English Language proficiency
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Research skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• At least Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics, Finance, Public administration, international development, or a related field
• At least 7 years of experience with Bachelor degree and 5 years of experience with Master degree in the public or private sector related to the field
• Experience of project-based work
• Ability to review and contribute to economic policy and strategy development
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 01/May/2018 at 16:00PM. Reference MOMP/AEITI-005-International Economic Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator) Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Project Advisor - Management at INL/CSSP||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|