DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Afghan Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses grow.
The Accountant will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Field Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. S/he, in coordination with the other members of the finance and accounting team, is responsible for managing all financial transactions related to the project
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Initiates wire requests for field project implementation in accordance with DAI schedule.
• Manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, and preparation of all bank payments and checks.
• Record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) or FERs on a daily basis.
• Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash.
• Receive and verify suppliers’ and consultants’ invoices along with justification documents.
• Verify expenses for accuracy and project accounting codes.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
• Upload the FERs based on DAI’s schedule.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
• Compiles backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
• Maintain an accurate filing of payment vouchers and other financial documents and perform regular spot audits on project’s financial files.
• Ensure backup documentation is scanned and uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
Salary Calculation and Disbursal
• Ensure that the employee profiles are up to date.
• Processes timely and accurate payroll payments for the office and ensures leave balances, and payroll taxes are accurate.
• Ensure that salary is disbursed, payroll is recorded in the accounting system, and individual paystubs are distributed to all employees on schedule.
• Tracks and monitors leave balances and liability payments.
• Reviews employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements.
• Ensures staff compliance with timekeeping policy and procedures.
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
• Work with the Finance Manager to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on WIE’s travel advance policy.
• Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
• Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
• Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
• The position reports to the Finance Manager
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
To apply: Please send you CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Accountant in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Accountant Specialist at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||03 May 2018|
|Accounting Supervisor at Quest Financial Services||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|Staff Accountant at Quest Financial Services||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه جنسی و نقدی ا.. at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|مدیر مالی و حفظ و مراقبت at Omid Male VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|(معاون محاسبه جنسی و نقدی.. at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Finance Specialist / Officer at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|(مدیر مالی و اداری (اناث at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Financial Analyst at Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Afghani..||Kabul||21 May 2018|
|Finance & Operation Unit Head at GPI||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Finance Assistant at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Treasury Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at ALEF Technology||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|ACCOUNTANT at Natural Stone Processing Company||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|(Financial Reporting Officer) کارمند ر.. at DABS||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|آمر بودجه at وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ||Kabul||29 Apr 2018|
|Finance & Operations Manager at Afghanaid||Daikondi||29 Apr 2018|
|Finance Intern at Hawk Vision||Kabul||26 Apr 2018|
|Senior Finance Specialist at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|معاون معتمد at DABS/KBD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|آمر مالی و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sew..||Herat||24 Apr 2018|
|Finance Manager at Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|Admin & Finance Manager at Allamah University||Kabul||09 May 2018|
|Tax Manager at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Accountant For Spare parts Section at Habib Faiz Construction Group||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|