DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Afghan Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses grow.
The Accountant will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Field Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. S/he, in coordination with the other members of the finance and accounting team, is responsible for managing all financial transactions related to the project
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Initiates wire requests for field project implementation in accordance with DAI schedule.
• Manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, and preparation of all bank payments and checks.
• Record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) or FERs on a daily basis.
• Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash.
• Receive and verify suppliers’ and consultants’ invoices along with justification documents.
• Verify expenses for accuracy and project accounting codes.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
• Upload the FERs based on DAI’s schedule.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
• Compiles backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
• Maintain an accurate filing of payment vouchers and other financial documents and perform regular spot audits on project’s financial files.
• Ensure backup documentation is scanned and uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
Salary Calculation and Disbursal
• Ensure that the employee profiles are up to date.
• Processes timely and accurate payroll payments for the office and ensures leave balances, and payroll taxes are accurate.
• Ensure that salary is disbursed, payroll is recorded in the accounting system, and individual paystubs are distributed to all employees on schedule.
• Tracks and monitors leave balances and liability payments.
• Reviews employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements.
• Ensures staff compliance with timekeeping policy and procedures.
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
• Work with the Finance Manager to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on WIE’s travel advance policy.
• Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
• Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
• Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
• The position reports to the Finance Manager
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
To apply: Please send you CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Accountant in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at IFRC||Kabul||05 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance and Admin Manager at Sadat Business Group Ltd||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|