Management Instructor at PDI(1298 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
PDI Background: The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The AUAF PDI department is seeking a qualified candidate as Management Instructor based in Kabul.
The Management Instructor is responsible for teaching customized Business courses (Management, M&E, and Accounting etc) for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||25 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs and quality standards.
2. Teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations.
3. Students are assessed according to Business Unit policy.
4. Homework is set and marked in a timely manner.
5. The Instructor undertakes to arrive in good time for classes (at least 15 minutes before class).
6. The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor.
7. Class records (including attendance) are kept in hard and soft copy. Enough detail should be given to enable a substitute teacher to take over the class.
8. The Instructor undertakes to attend Business Unit meetings or training events
9. Any other relevant duty assigned by Business Unit Manager
• Master degree in relevant field
• FIA/ACCA certifications or part completion will be a plus point
• At least have 2 years prior teaching experience required
• If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF)
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Management Instructor at PDI” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before Apr 25, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up on the PDI-AUAF campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Tailor at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|National Field Manager (Community Based Susta.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Environmental Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 Aug 2018|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|