PDI Business Instructor (Full Time)(509 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
PDI Background: The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The PDI Business Instructor is responsible for developing curriculum and teaching business unit customized courses, In addition he/she will teach ACCA/FIA courses for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||25 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Instructor will teach up to 20 hours per week in the business unit of PDI, making sure lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs and quality standards
• In addition to the teaching hours, the instructor will spend 20 contact hours in office for administrative/office work.
• The Instructor will develop curriculum for customized courses like Internal Audit, Performance Management etc, teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations
• Developing and implementing marketing plans and materials for PDI Business Unit
• Arranging information sessions about PDI Business Unit courses for different public and private sector and encouraging open enrollments
• Developing network and strong relationships with different clients
• Developing materials for workshops and seminars
• The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor
• Students are assessed according to Business Unit policy
• Homework is set and marked in a timely manner
• Class records (including attendance) are kept in hard and soft copy
• The Instructor undertakes to attend Business Unit meetings and training events
• Any other duty assigned by Business Unit Manager
• ACCA member
• In addition to ACCA membership, having Bachelor and Master degrees will be a plus point
• At least 3 years prior teaching experience required
• If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF)
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Business Instructor at PDI” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before Apr 25, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up on the PDI-AUAF campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر تجارتی at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|مدیر مالی و اداری at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Administration Officer at GTR Group||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|(معاونیت تجارتی (ریاست جو.. at DABS||Jawzjan||24 Jul 2018|
|(مدیر تحریرات (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|ریاست تهیه و تدارکات at DABS||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|