Advocacy and Communication Coordinator(259 Views)
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW)
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
The Programme Advocacy and Communication Officer will be based in Kabul, She will be responsible for all communication and advocacy and also locking on current provinces project implementation over all progress and will be directly responsible for reporting revision process also she will be responsible for advocacy in provincial and National level to participant in the clusters, network and donor coordination meetings. The position holder will work under the overall steer and supervision of the SMT members in Kabul to oversee the specified and outlined goals of the organization in Afghanistan. She will directly report to SMT members in Kabul.
|Date Posted:||17 Apr 2018||Reference:||0151|
|Closing Date:||27 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures Advocacy, Communication and implementation of program focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Thorough analysis and research of the legal, political, social and economic situation in the country as relates to preparation of substantive inputs to Program Advocacy, Communication, Document, Strategies, and other documents in support of the reform.
• Organization, conducting, and participation on the advocacy and fund raising event.
• Collection, improve the monthly, quarterly,6 months and annual projects reports
• Provide the monthly, quarterly, six months and Annual internal report to OHW Management
• Organize and manage the organization annual review.
• Organization, preparation, collation and consolidation of annual work plans and budget administration for Project activities for deferent provinces;
• Review work plans, activity reports, implement programme activities according to the technical, financial and administrative procedures prescribed in the programme document or advised by OHW donors and SMT members in Kabul.
• Serve as backup to SMT members and attend meetings, follow up on communication with all Donors and partners.
• Participates in effective management of the Programme Management and Projects focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the programme achieving the results:
• Support design and formulation of programme within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions;
• Support initiation of a projects, presentation of the project to Donors and determination of required revisions;
• Provision of operational and technical support to Implementing Partners, Responsible Parties, and relevant Government institutions and project team as assigned including facilitating development of quarterly work pans and timely submission of all types of project reports.
• Support the OHW fundraising department in application of conceptual models in support of programme design;
• Supports creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of results:
• Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation;
• Identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization;
• Participation through projects, activities, dialogue and other mechanisms.
• Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven and project management issues;
• Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme, institutional and organizational policy goals;
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
o Develop the advocacy roadmap to ensure that best practices, lessons learnt on Program policy, shared with OHW SMT, at different levels for policy improvement purpose etc.
o Develop and draft communication and outreach materials including, fundraising, policy documents, reports, briefing papers for website and government consultations;
o Monitor and evaluate relevant programmes in the country and the region to draw lessons to improve communication and coordination with stakeholder.
o Participant in the advocacy and fundraising event.
a. Plan, design and implementation of internal and external strategies for communications outreach for OHW
b. Work closely with programme staff to improve coordination and communication with government, donor and other stakeholder.
c. Build relationships with provincialOHW colleagues and other organizations (eg NGOs, UN agencies), to coordinate and collaborate the current projects and new projects; build and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders.
d. Collect and improved the project reports and submit to Programme managers
e. Manage and coordinate all donors and sponsors visits;
3. Branding and Material development
a. Develop and disseminate communication materials
b. Work closely with programme staff to ensure the correct brand for all out-going communication products
c. Ensure the unification of the implementation of branding regulation of the organization’s communication materials
4. Websites and Social medias
a. Work on the OHW website to improved and update (stories, photos, blogs, videos)
b. Regular update websites and social medias
5. Managing conflict:
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- A bachelor’s degree in administration social science, political science, social or advocacy
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level as project/ programme officer-advocacy and communication in a donor funded programme;
- Hands-on experience in report writing, analytical pieces desirable;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and both national language of Afghanistan.
- Have good communication and relationship skill.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department –
Applications must clearly indicate the position title and its vacancy number (Advocacy and communication officer / 151) in the subject line of their emails, Applications must be received by OHW’s HR department on or before 30 –April- 2018. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Reporting/Communication Assistant (Readvertis.. at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Intercept Operator/Linguist at Intellects||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Director of Communications at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|