Extension officer(1918 Views)
About Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultural Services Company
Boustan-E-Sabz (BeS) is a leading agricultural company in Afghanistan, with a fully vertically-integrated business model, completing the agricultural value chain from propagation to cultivation to local sales and export. Since the foundation of our company in 2007, we have solidified our market positioning in both domestic and international markets by offering select products. Our firm belief in customer satisfaction and innovation has enabled us to successfully introduce a range of ground-breaking products and business models that have greatly contributed in changing the face of the agriculture sector in Afghanistan. BeS is principally a market-driven business with access to international markets and with a focus on value-added products using optimum packaging and storage facilities. BeS intends to expand into becoming a full-line fruit & vegetable agribusiness by leveraging the fresh produce expertise into value-added fruit and vegetable processing. BeS has a comprehensive strategy to both promote exports of high value agricultural products and develop food products for import substitution and capture export market share.
|Date Posted:||22 Apr 2018||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||22 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Agriculture Extension officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Extension officer, work on crop production, research on new crops and multiplication of new crops.
• Train DAIL extension workers, lead farmers and commercial growers on agriculture Best Practices.
• Establishment of demonstration plots of newly introduced crops for the adoption of the grower's associations and commercial farmers.
• Introduction of new crops to the grower Associations and commercial farmers.
• Extension officers collaborating with lead farmers in each grower association. Lead farmers will be provided with incentives based on the adoption of the techniques in their association.
• Time to time data collection from demonstration plots and commercial growers.
• Identify/ select beneficiaries in close coordination with lead farmers and NHLP, CARD-F and other projects staff.
• Work with MAIL extension worker to verify farmers’ information who are selected to receive package of seeds for multiplication and signing contract for growing.
• Work with NHLP and CARD-F extension teams and benefit from the information they have on farmers.
• Advise the lead farmers on proper management of demonstration plots and commercial growing fields.
• Help procurement and marketing staff on quality of production, food safety and free of disease product.
• Ensure good team building, facilitation and TOT for the farmers who receive the package of crop growing and marketing of the product.
• Compile and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to the management of the company.
• Perform any other duties/tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Proven work experience as extension officer or similar role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required
• Excellent coordination and oral communication skills;
• Experience in organizing workshops;
• Experience in providing a presentation, any kind of training or teaching;
• Experience in report writing;
• Excellent written communication skills Pashto / Dari; English is an advantage
• Good computer skills (Typing, Word, Excel and Internet);
Bachelor in Agriculture, Extension or any other Agriculture relevant field with 5 years of relevant experience in extension.
• Previous experience in the field work.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Send CV and Cover letter to Bostan–e- Sabz, or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Note: The interview will be held in Kabul.
*No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only selected candidates will be called for interviews
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Animal Production Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||29 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator at MAIL/NHLP||Farah||29 Sep 2018|
|Regional Orchard Management Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Livestock Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Entomologist at MAIL/AAIP||Nangarhar||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Pathologist at MAIL/AAIP||Kunduz||21 Sep 2018|
|Horticulture Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Procurement and Grants Contract Supervision S.. at GreenTech Dunia Consul..||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Deputy Team Leader/Value Chain Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|