Senior Software Developer (Re-Announced)(1621 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects; USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Senior Software Developer will bring strong technical skills to the team. He/she would have solid technical knowledge and experience in the field of databases and in general MIS related activities. Specifically, he/she is expected to have strong knowledge and experience of ASP.Net environment and SQL Server databases. He should also poses programming knowledge and techniques and be able to work with ASP.net. He/she is expected to develop and refine/enhance the comprehensive Human Resources Management Information System of Human Resources Directorate of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) that is currently existed.
|Date Posted:||25 Apr 2018||Reference:||438|
|Closing Date:||25 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Sr. Software Developer include:
• Develop and enrich the current HRMIS software / databases and restructure the existing databases based on requirements of the HR Directorate of MoHE in ASP.net.
• Provide technical software related support to all departments of HR Directorate and the public universities of MoHE.
• Assist the development team in requirement discovery of HR departments and the public universities reporting requirements as well system requirements
• Plan, coordinate and communicate closely HR Directorate of MoHE on HRMIS development activities progress within the team.
• Ensure that Database development activities are according to the MoHE HR Directorate and meet deadline.
• Provide technical support to MoHE HR Directorate and the public universities HRMIS.
• Take active part in implementation of the HRMIS in MoHE HR Directorate and HR Departments of the public universities.
• Provide trainings to all HR Directorate department staff and the public universities HR staff in the relevant software.
•Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills
• Fluency in English, in speech, writing and comprehension.
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
Experience: At least 1 years of related working experience in system development in ASP.Net, specifically in developing Human Resources Management Information System or related field.
Core Objectives & Competencies:
To have strong knowledge and experience of .Net environment and SQL Server databases. He/she is expected to develop, enrich/enhance and implement the current Human Resources Management Information System of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE).
1. Job knowledge
3. Motivation/Self Reliance
4. Team Work Ability
5. Planning and organization
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and skills are related to duties listed under the “Job Responsibilities” section of this ToR.
• Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex database systems.
• Knowledge of IIS and other web servers.
• Strong knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP, PHP) and web development.
• Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex database systems (SQL server).
• Crystal Report Writing
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We will consider applications on a rolling basis.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: A practical test would be conducted to check the practical knowledge of the candidate. There would be no written test and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Web Developer & Graphic Designer at National Group of Companies||Kabul||15 Oct 2018|
|Software Developer at CH.A CO (Chartered Accountant Company)||Herat||30 Sep 2018|