Senior Telecom Engineer(1373 Views)
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas.
Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services providers facings a challenging environment.
A Quality assurance telecom engineer is involved in Site inspection, testing and monitoring for all telecom requirements in the projects. On-site surveillance of the proposed quality control system; review of technical documents, test plans and reports and submissions for completeness, technical adequacy, and compliance with telecom contract requirements and applicable regulations according to design criteria. The main areas to focus would be the departments of BSS, RF/MW, VSAT, and DTTV. His/He report directly to ACG’s quality management director. His/her role is to ensure the safe, timely and well-resourced completion of projects.
|Date Posted:||03 May 2018||Reference:||ACG/HRD/18/34|
|Closing Date:||20 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
2. Examines inspection records to determine inspection schedule and conform remedial actions to procedures and regulations.
3. Conduct quality assurance, testing of transmission mediums and telecom/network infrastructure components.
4. Ensures that installed electrical, instrument, and telecom equipment is certified for the area classification.
5. Ensures proper installation of equipment, cable, glands, term lungs and kits, trays, tubing/fittings, and other bulks.
6. Maintains records and prepares reports of inspections results.
7. Produces relevant field quality inspection reports and provides quality metrics.
8. Discusses and explains procedures and regulations or need for corrective action with appropriate personnel.
9. Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination, and/or testing results.
10. Performs quality inspections on work currently performed or work that has been recently completed utilizing established checklists and/or other quality related documents.
11. Recommends updates/revisions to policies and procedures based on field observations where procedures may not be followed because they are unclear, incorrect, or non-existent.
12. Inspects, tests, or measures materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
13. Measures dimensions, materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications.
14. Identifies problems and provides recommendations for solutions and improvements and implements changes as approved.
15. Identifies troublesome trends and develops plans designed to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrence.
16. Update and maintain project documentation as required for Quality Control, job progress, and customer sign off.
1. Familiar with major regulations, industry codes, and standards affecting telecommunication work.
2. Knowledgeable in standard telecommunications materials and methods of construction.
3. Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
4. Advanced knowledge of manufacturing, and inspection practices;
5. Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point;
6. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work specifications;
7. Ability to complete assignments with minimum supervision;
8. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others;
9. Ability to tactfully and effectively attain adherence to quality control standards and practices.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Telecom Engineering
2. 5 years of Telecom experience on complex, mission-critical facilities;
1. Experience on large scale complex communications installations, infrastructure, testing and startup.
2. Experience with telecom measurement tools (Spectrum Analyzer, BER Testers, Site Master)
3. Experience with RF, MW, VSAT, OFC, BSS & DTTV Transmission.
4. Experience with IT networks, switches, routers, etc.
5. Experience with design and implementation of efficient operational processes for service/resource performance and quality management.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Respected Applicants are kindly requested to submit a comprehensive cover letter along with a copy of their updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume to ACG's human resource department email address. Please note that you must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of any email in response to this job announcement and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
|More jobs in this category|
|Satellite Communications Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|