Procurement Director(1111 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its procurement director’s post.
To lead and manage the procurement department in accordance with Afghanistan procurement law, develop and implement policy and plans, and deliver quality service improvements to assist the Afghan Telecom Corporation to achieve its strategic goals.
|Date Posted:||05 May 2018||Reference:||004|
|Closing Date:||20 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop procurement plan, standard SBDs, IFB, RFQs and RFPs
• Develop and monitor Requests for Proposals (RFP), Invitations for Bids (IFB) and Requests for Quotations (RFQ), ensuring these are conducted in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations.
• Ensure strategic sourcing of designated procurement (goods, services and works), and consultancy services to gain the best outcome for the Afghan Telecom.
• Survey the market to obtain competitive prices for required quality, negotiate and review contracts regarding purchases and services to meet Afghan Telecom.
• Prepare the evaluation reports of goods, works and services and provide technical and procurement assistance to evaluation committee members of AFTEL.
• Coordinate as a focal point for AFTEL in the NPA to ensure effective communication
• Confirm procurement processes and time cycles are adequately factored into the planning process and annual procurement plan
• Provide support on piloting procedures and processes for compliance with the processes as detailed in the NPA manual to ensure the establishment of a reliable procurement framework that promotes transparency and accountability
• Managing and mentoring a dynamic team of purchasing professionals
• Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels
• Lead the organization within the scope of strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
• Ensuring that all procurements are conducted in accordance with the government of Afghanistan procurement law, regulation and update circulars
• Development and implementation of group-wide procurement strategy
1- Fluent in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English
2- Computer skills knowledge of MS office packages such as word, Excel, and PowerPoint
3- Good communication skill with internal and external environment
4- Good conflict resolution skills
5- Relationship management skills
6- Change management skills
o Minimum Bachelor’s degree in public Administration and management
o MBA degree
o Six years of working experience at least 3 years of experience in procurement field especially governmental procurement system.
• Master degree holders will be preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV . Kindly mention the vacancy number (004) - Procurement Director in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Assistant at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Specialist at Ministry of Refugees and Repatraition||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|