Development Outreach and Communication Specialist (Media) FSN-10 – (Multiple Vacancies)(1883 Views)
SOLICITATION NUMBER: 72030618R10020
ISSUANCE DATE: May 06, 2018
CLOSING DATE/TIME: May 21, 2018
SUBJECT: Solicitation for a Cooperating Country Personal Service Contractor (CCNPSC) – Development Outreach and Communication Specialist (Media) FSN-10 – (Multiple Vacancies)
Dear Prospective Offerors:
The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking offers from qualified persons to provide personal services under contract as described in this solicitation.
Offers must be in accordance with Attachment 1, Sections I through V of this solicitation. Incomplete or unsigned offers will not be considered. Offerors should retain copies of all offer materials for their records.
This solicitation in no way obligates USAID to award a PSC contract, nor does it commit USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the offers.
Any questions must be directed in writing to the Point of Contact specified in the attached information.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: 72030618R10020 (Múltiple Vacancies)
2. ISSUANCE DATE: May 06, 2018
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: May 21, 2018 no later than 4:30pm Kabul time.
4. POSITION TITLE: Development Outreach and Communication Specialist (Media)
5. MARKET VALUE: Equivalent to FSN-10 (Step 1 – 13)
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of US Embassy Afghanistan. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance is one year, with the possibility of extension up to a total of five years, subject to availability of funds, satisfactory job performance and need for continued service.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Kabul, Afghanistan.
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: As an employment precondition, the successful candidate is required to obtain U.S Embassy Afghanistan RSO Security Clearance
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
USAID/Afghanistan is the largest USAID mission in the world with an annual operating budget of close to $1.6 billion. The Mission development portfolio includes a broad range of infrastructure rehabilitation projects, support projects for public education and health, improving capacities within Afghan ministries, increasing agricultural production, food aid, economic growth, democracy and social program activities.
The Cooperating Country National (CCN) Development Outreach and Communication Specialist Media reports directly to the USAID/Afghanistan Deputy Development, Outreach and Communications (DOC) Officer and through him/her to the Senior DOC Officer.
The incumbent reviews, produces and disseminates information about Mission activities to inform the general public and build support for USAID programs. The incumbent acts as USAID/Afghanistan’s first responder to inquiries from the general public, local organizations, implementing partners and, as USAID/Afghanistan’s main link, to local media.
|Date Posted:||06 May 2018||Reference:||SOL#: 72030618R10020|
|Closing Date:||21 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 00 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
2. Statement of Duties to be Performed
Media Events Planning:
• Maintains a calendar of USAID/Afghanistan program events that require Development, Outreach and Communications (DOC) section support. Coordinates all aspects of public events, including preparation and dissemination of press releases and background information, protocol issues, site selection and preparation, staging and logistical issues, scheduling and maintaining contact with speakers, notification of appropriate US and local government officials and media, as well as on-site coordination of media. Maintains a contact list of Afghan media.
• Coordinates planning for interviews and photography with the Mission Director, technical officers, and the Public Diplomacy office of the U.S. Embassy to promote press and media coverage of Mission activities.
• Coordinates DOC planning for and coverage of media events with all United States Government (USG) agencies based in Afghanistan and international donor community partners.
• Advises USAID/Afghanistan staff on product branding, press events, press engagement and public messaging.
• Serves as the Mission’s sole contact with Afghan media to promote story ideas and feature stories on USAID programs.
• Monitors local and international media concerning USAID programs for the purpose of gauging the effect of the information dissemination strategy and to provide feedback about the programs.
• Coordinates with U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section on major initiatives as required.
• Provides DOC and senior USAID staff with analysis of the number of times USAID projects/programs are mentioned in in the Afghan media and, as necessary, the progress of USAID programs in the Afghan media.
• Assists USAID officers, contractors, and grantees in developing appropriate public information programs. Responds to inquiries from the general public and media on USAID.
• Facilitates information access and sharing within the Mission, with media and other branches of the U.S. government.
• Develops and implements a public information program to raise the profile of USAID activities in Afghanistan.
Admin Support duties:
• Acts as DOC digital archive librarian to develop and keep updated DOC office SharePoint and Shared Drive data.
• Acts as DOC public relations material librarian.
• Distributes USAID press releases to local media and fact sheets to the public and the mission staff.
• As required, writes or translates USAID media materials in English, Dari and Pashto.
3. Supervisory Relationship
The incumbent is supervised by the Deputy DOC officer who in turn reports to the Senior DOC Officer.
4. Supervisory Controls
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Cooperating Country Nationals (CCN), meaning an individual who is a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
According to ADS 309.3.3, a “USAID policy is that the use of CCNPSCs is preferred over the use of TCNPSCs in order to integrate the foreign assistance effort into the community, enhance the skills of the cooperating country's population, and contribute to the local economy.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT:
Any questions about this solicitation may be directed to: KblAIDHR@usaid.gov. Applications submitted to this email address will not be considered.
Note: No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained, unless you are required to have more information about this solicitation.
Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must be able to recognize operational problems and issues, and be capable of drafting information messages in various media formats (e.g. press release, website, cables, fact sheets, success stories, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences both local and international. The incumbent must have outstanding organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to work as a team member, as well as to provide leadership, and ability to use computers at a professional level.
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Mass Communication, Public Relations, International Affairs, Public Service, Journalism, or Marketing is required. (Education requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Work Experience: Five (5) years progressively responsible in media relations and public relations is required. (Work experience requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Language: Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading English and Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of Dari and Pashtu required. (English language ability will be tested).
Knowledge: The incumbent must be familiar with all media formats, and media operations (e.g. print, television, internet, radio broadcasting). Thorough knowledge of Afghanistan, including culture, customs, and popular sentiments is required.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
Below factors will be used for screening candidates to be considered for English Proficiency and written examination.
• Work Experience 30 points
• Knowledge 35 points
• Skills and Abilities 35 points
Maximum Points: 100 points
After an initial application screening, the best qualified applicants will be invited for a written examination, English Proficiency Test and to an oral interview.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Communication
IV. PRESENTING AN OFFER
13. Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) with a Subject line: Development Outreach and Communication Specialist (Media) (SOL#: 72030618R10020).
Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3.
a. Cover memo/email text that outlines how your qualifications and experience meet the selection criteria.
b. Updated and signed version of Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174)
https://af.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/268/Form_DS-174.doc (A copy of the DS-174 form can also be downloaded from ACBAR.org under this link http://www.acbar.org/applicationform. Applicants who are accessing this solicitation through jobs.af can download directly from the website) AND
c. A current resume or a curriculum vitae
IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL THREE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF YOU OMIT ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, COVER PAGE, CV OR UPDATED/SIGNED DS-174 FORM, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
This vacancy is open only to Afghan Nationals.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
Applications submitted as .RAR file will not be accepted by the system
Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement (graduated and degree and/or diploma already received) as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result to the disqualification of their application from further consideration.
The Agency retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
2. Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3.
3. To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Offerors must prominently reference the Solicitation number in the offer submission.
V. LIST OF REQUIRED FORMS FOR PSC HIRES
Once the CO informs the successful Offeror about being selected for a contract award, the CO will provide the successful Offeror instructions about how to complete and submit the following forms.
1. Pre-employment Medical History and Examination Form
2. U.S Embassy Kabul Security Certification Request
3. Appointment Affidavits Standard Form 61
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a PSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances:
BENEFITS and ALLOWANCES:
a. 25% Unique Conditions of Work Allowance (UCWA)
b. Transport Shuttle Service to Female Staff Only
c. Premium Pay
d. Leave Benefits
e. Medical Benefits
f. Death and Disability Benefits
g. Retirement and other end of service benefits
h. Travel and TDY Benefits
Local Employee Staff (CCN) is responsible for paying local income taxes. The U.S Mission does not withhold year end local income tax payments.
VIII. USAID REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND CONTRACT CLAUSES PERTAINING TO PSCs
USAID regulations and policies governing CCNPSC awards are available at these sources:
1. USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), Appendix J, “Direct USAID Contracts With a Cooperating Country National and with a Third Country National for Personal Services Abroad,” including contract clause “General Provisions,” available at https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1868/aidar_0.pdf .
2. Contract Cover Page form AID 309-1 available at https://www.usaid.gov/forms .
3. Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directives/Contract Information Bulletins (AAPDs/CIBs) for Personal Services Contracts with Individuals available at http://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid/aapds-cibs.
4. Ethical Conduct. By the acceptance of a USAID personal services contract as an individual, the contractor will be acknowledging receipt of the “Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch,” available from the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, in accordance with General Provision 2 and 5 CFR 2635. See https://www.oge.gov/web/oge.nsf/OGE Regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
|More jobs in this category|
|Make-up Artist at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Sep 2018|
|Pashto Presenter (Female) at MOBY Group||Kabul||13 Oct 2018|