Project Coordinator(1889 Views)
About OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSA
Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) is the focal Ministry of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan mandated to work on Labour Affairs, Social Protection and Welfare and providing services for persons with disabilities and families of Martyrs.
As such, the work and mandate of the Ministry is very crucial particularly for contributing in achieving the third critical goal of the Afghanistan Compact. To fulfill its Mission, the MoLSAMD has further divided into four Programs.
• Labor Welfare & Skill Development Program
• Program for the Welfare of the Families of Martyrs & Disabled
• Social Welfare Program
• Administration & Finance Capacity Development Program
MoLSAMD is the focal Ministry in the field of Social Protection and child protection in Afghanistan. Moreover, the Government of Afghanistan ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), and is in the process of legalizing the Child Act to reinforce the child protection system in Afghanistan. Additionally, the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) with the support of UNICEF established directorate of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat) under the Social Affairs division in 2014.
The concept of a Child Protection Secretariat (CPS) has been incorporated by the Government of Afghanistan as a means of reshuffling the delivery of protection services to children by providing institutional leadership regarding the identification of, and policy response to, national child protection priorities.
MoLSAMD is in the process to develop National Child Protection Program to protect the rights of all children especially children at risk. Provide a platform to all actors (governmental and non-governmental organizations) to work together, strengthen the coordination and bring transparency and accountability in service delivery for children in Afghanistan.
- Protection of children and establish facilities to solve the problems of vulnerable children and children at risk.
- Access to a comprehensive child protection system and raise awareness of public to reduce the risk children are facing and
- Promoting accountability and paving the way to change the behaviour of society for decreasing risks against children…
Project Coordinator will be working under supervision of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat) Director and will be closely working with project team to develop the National Child Protection Program-NCPP, project plan, coordinate the project activities within the ministry and out of ministry with relevant stakeholders, keep the record of the project documents.
|Date Posted:||07 May 2018||Reference:||DMS/PC/MoLSAMD|
|Closing Date:||21 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project work plan and implementation plan
- Coordinate project activities, resources, equipments and information
- Coordinate with CSO (Central Statistic Office) to get update data on children situation in the country
- Mapping of all relevant stakeholders working in child protection
- Coordination with other organization (Government, NGOs/ INGOs) on child protection issues
- Communication with relevant departments, NGOs/ INGOs regarding seeking technical support for child protection issues, concerns
- Manage and oversee project performance and Responsible for the overall and timely delivery of weekly, monthly and final activity report to CPS Directorate
- Contribute and support specialists in National Child Protection Program-NCPP designing
- Prepare presentation and briefings for meetings, workshop and seminars
- Build the capacity of staff on different issue or based on the needs of the staff
- Perform any other task requested by CPS Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Should be an Afghan National
Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent with 5 years relevant experience or having Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, Law, Social Science or any related field with 7 years of relevant experience.
Excellent facilitation skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders and to manage different working group sessions
Be familiar with Afghanistan administration, regulations, strategies and polices, and child protection systems and standards
Have good skills and/or experience of strategy and program development
Have a good knowledge of project management
Should have the capacity to oversee, manage and control the progress of working performance of specialists’ and other staff
Should have the capacity work under pressure and
Be familiar with using All MS Office Programs and internet surfing
Should have good analytical and reporting skills
Knowledge of project management and have proper project management skills
Good working knowledge of Pashto, Dari and (English is compulsory)
Exceptional interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
Good decision-making and problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills; accurate and detail-oriented
Reporting to: Director of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat)
Duration: 6 months
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com must have in CC:firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Assistant (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|Career Counselor at Colombo Plan||Kabul||08 Mar 2019|
|Budget Advisor - Embedded at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Community Mobilizer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Closeout Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Management Specialist (Health) FSN-11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2019|