Snr. Child Protection Specialist(900 Views)
About OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD
Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) is the focal Ministry of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan mandated to work on Labour Affairs, Social Protection and Welfare and providing services for persons with disabilities and families of Martyrs.
As such, the work and mandate of the Ministry is very crucial particularly for contributing in achieving the third critical goal of the Afghanistan Compact. To fulfill its Mission, the MoLSAMD has further divided into four Programs.
• Labor Welfare & Skill Development Program
• Program for the Welfare of the Families of Martyrs & Disabled
• Social Welfare Program
• Administration & Finance Capacity Development Program
MoLSAMD is the focal Ministry in the field of Social Protection and child protection in Afghanistan. Moreover, the Government of Afghanistan ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), and is in the process of legalizing the Child Act to reinforce the child protection system in Afghanistan. Additionally, the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) with the support of UNICEF established directorate of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat) under the Social Affairs division in 2014.
The concept of a Child Protection Secretariat (CPS) has been incorporated by the Government of Afghanistan as a means of reshuffling the delivery of protection services to children by providing institutional leadership regarding the identification of, and policy response to, national child protection priorities.
MoLSAMD is in the process to develop National Child Protection Program to protect the rights of all children especially children at risk. Provide a platform to all actors (governmental and non-governmental organizations) to work together, strengthen the coordination and bring transparency and accountability in service delivery for children in Afghanistan.
- Protection of children and establish facilities to solve the problems of vulnerable children and children at risk.
- Access to a comprehensive child protection system and raise awareness of public to reduce the risk children are facing and
- Promoting accountability and paving the way to change the behaviour of society for decreasing risks against children…
Senior Child Protection Specialist will be working under direct supervision of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat) Director and will be closely working with project team to develop the National Child Protection Program-NCPP, project plan, coordinate the project activities, develop time bound and result bound concepts, plans, activities and draft the National Child Protection Program-NCPP with the support of Project coordinator, Planning and Program Designing Specialist and Study and research specialists within the CSP/MoLSAMD.
Senior Child Protection Specialist supports field operations by providing technical assistance and guidance on child protection. He/She identifies and screens children with specific needs and makes sure that relevant child protection programmes are in place. Furthermore, he/she offers capacity building, spreads latest research and evaluates child protection mechanisms. Child protection issues include, but are not limited to: birth registration, children with disabilities, gender based violence in emergencies, etc.
|Date Posted:||07 May 2018||Reference:||DMS/ CPS/MoLSAMD|
|Closing Date:||21 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mapping of current child protection systems and giving recommendations for the development National Child Protection Program-NCPP
- Ensure child protection risks and strategies are assessed on a regular basis and the response plans are suggested to be included in NCPP
- Strengthening of child protection coordination mechanisms and making sure that response plans are included for all 23 kind of vulnerable children in NCPP
- Identify protection issues and services that affect children at risk
- Establishment and support of monitoring and evaluate the child protection system
- Support of capacity building and training for Child Protection staff of CPS
- Coordinate with other agencies, governments and NGOs to implement and coordinate common standards
- Regular field visits to monitor implementation of programmes and to provide technical guidance
- Implement and monitor programmes on child friendly spaces.
- Preparation of annual and donor reports as well as other documentation related to child protection programmes
- Insure the comprehensiveness of the National Child Protection Program-NCPP and make sure that all child protection standards and policies are considered in NCPP development
- Contribute and support the Designing of NCPP and its activities based on national and international child protection systems and standards, and guide other project staff in child protection issues
- Coordinating NCPP plans and activities with other relevant organizations (Government, NGOs/ INGOs) on child protection issues
- Support project staff in comparative study of systems and programs of our country with others
- Support project staff in other project activities
- Support Directorate of CPS in developing programs and plans for child protection and social protection
- Perform any other task requested by CPS Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Should be an Afghan National
Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent with 5 years relevant experience or having Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, Law, Social Science, Psychology or any related field with 7 years of relevant experience.
Excellent facilitation skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders and to manage different working group sessions
Be familiar with Afghanistan administration, regulations, strategies and polices, and child protection programs
Be familiar with all national and international child protection standards
Have good skills and/or experience of child protection and safeguarding
Should have the capacity work under pressure
Be familiar with using All MS Office Programs and internet surfing
Should have good analytical and reporting skills
Have capacity to study systems and programs of other countries and compare it with the systems and programs in the country
Knowledge of project management and have proper project management skills
Good working knowledge of Pashto, Dari and (English is compulsory)
Strong both oral and written communication, advocacy and negotiation skills
Reporting to: Director of CPS (Child Protection Secretariat)
Duration: 6 months
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org must have in CC:email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Translator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|