Sales Executive(1178 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
Vision: ASMO’s vision is to serve as a “partner for a better life” in Afghanistan where families (especially women and children) and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-being; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding; and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
Mission: ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social issue marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country's population, especially women and children, while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation.
ASMO is partner with Jhpiego incorporation under HEMAYAT project and at the same time partner with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus. Both projects are USAID funded program
The Sales Executive is responsible for carrying out sales and promotion activities in the field to ensure effective promotion and sales of ASMO supported health products, he will be also responsible to achieve monthly and annual sales and/or profit goals through efficient management of sales activities and satisfaction of customer needs within assigned region/sales territory. The Sales Executive reports directly to the Sales Officer in Kabul.
|Date Posted:||08 May 2018||Reference:||ASMO-001-2018|
|Closing Date:||29 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides quality services to ASMO customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding ASMO values at all times
• Ensures efficient distribution management of ASMO products in the market, and builds/maintains distribution relationships.
• Explores new business opportunities and expands the client base
• Services wholesale and retail outlets in an assigned geographic region for all ASMO –supported health products.
• Handles product orders, collects payments for purchases and reports weekly sales to the Sales Officer.
• Provides product information and promotional materials to wholesalers and retailers and identifies new sales outlets.
• Works with potential customers and partner organizations to promote and sell products aimed at exceeding the customer needs and expectations.
• Understands and effectively communicates distribution partners’ terms of sale and service to customers and prospects.
• Achieves assigned sales target by maximizing promotion and sales activity on ASMO products
o Expense reporting within guidelines outlined in ASMO Policy Manual.
o Sales Call Reporting
o Reporting on conferences, trade shows and/or workshops
o Telephone contact with Sales Officer
o Orderly management of Company assets
o Focuses on development and maintenance of key accounts, regional retailers & wholesalers.
o Performs product in-service training to ensure customer satisfaction, as needed
o Provides frequent market feedback on products, competition and market conditions to Social Marketing Department
o Develops and maintains territory specific information relative to competitors and distributors in the market mix.
o Develops, maintains and delivers accurate information on lost business
o Assists in the planning and implementation of Simulation User Group meetings or other customer forums held in assigned territory
o Generates ideas that contribute to territory/business unit expansion that ultimately leads to, ASMO mission and sustainability.
o Overall Regional Warehouse Management
o Overseeing stock control and processing orders
o Keeping stock control systems up to date
o Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
o Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
o Adheres to all ASMO administrative and operations policies and procedures.
o Performs other duties, as assigned by the Sales Officer
Decision Making Authority:
• Act independently; Decision making within Company policy
• Excellent oral, written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position.
• Knowledge of social marketing products is a plus.
• Computer literate with knowledge of word processing applications and Excel spreadsheets.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Public Relations or business administration or related business qualification with 3-5 years’ experience as a Marketing & Sales with medical/commercial or social marketing products;
• Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses a plus.
• Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management.
• Working knowledge of healthcare, pharmacy and medical education market segments within assigned territory would be an asset.
• Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales position.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested Afghans with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with cover letter to the email address provided below or candidates can bring copies of their CVs along with the cover letter to HR Department of ASMO at the following address:
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
Qala-E Fathullah, Street One, Lane 1 on the right, House# 101 (Close to Minister of Interior’s home), Contact No. 020 221 4190
Applications without specific vacancy number and exact duty station i.e (Application for the position of Sales Executive-Kabul) and after the closing date, would not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be contacted for the interview. Afghan Social Marketing believes on equal employment opportunities.
‘’Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|Sales & Relationship Officers at GLIT||Herat||15 Mar 2019|
|Sales & Relationship Officers at GLIT||Kabul||15 Mar 2019|
|Customer Service Assistant (Female Only) at Jobs.af||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Representative MFS Operations agent– Distri.. at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Sales and Marketing Officer at Python Technology Services||Kabul||14 Mar 2019|
|Senior Manager – Mobile Money Marketing at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Sales Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||30 Mar 2019|
|Brand Shop Coordinator “Female” at Afghan Wireless Communication Comp..||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Media & Marketing Officer at Natural Stone Company||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Business Intelligence Reporting Executive at Afghan Wireless Communicatio..||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Salesman (Kabul) at Selab Jawad Non alcoholic Beverages Company||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Salesman (Jalalabad) at Selab Jawad Non alcoholic Beverages Company||Nangarhar||28 Feb 2019|
|Sales Supervisor at Selab Jawad Non alcoholic Beverages Company||Multi Cities||28 Feb 2019|
|Regional Sales Manager at Selab Jawad Non alcoholic Beverages Company||Multi Cities||28 Feb 2019|
|Sales and Marketing Admin at Soholat.com||Kabul||31 Dec 2019|
|Re-Announced Sales Manager at Afghanistan Business Management Company||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Marketing Officer at Diamond Press and Design||Kabul||30 Dec 2019|
|Telemarketing Officer at Soholat.com||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|