English Language Instructor(793 Views)
About Yasna Development and Support Organization
English Language and Computer Learning Centers (ELCLCs) is a U.S Embassy funded project, implemented by Yasna Development and Support Organization (YDSO). Its mission is to develop English Language and Computer skills of Afghan Universities' students and faculty members in order to enable them use international academic resources in their academic activities and/or pursuit higher studies at international universities.
ELCLCs operate in nine Afghan universities, namely Kabul University, Kabul Polytechnic University, Bamyan University, Balkh University, Balkh Faculty of Education, Herat University, Herat Faculty of Education, Kandahar University, and Nangarhar University and as well as provide ICDL trainings to the staff of Ministry of higher Education (MoHE).
The English Language Instructor will teach 1 to 3 classes per day (on hourly basis upon agreed rates) in an academic setting to university students and faculty. The instructor may be required to teach general English language classes.
|Date Posted:||08 May 2018||Reference:||ELCLC/2018/78|
|Closing Date:||18 May 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, prepare and deliver English language courses to university students and faculty members;
• Develop and execute effective lesson plans on daily basis
• Prepares and presents PowerPoint slides to the course participants on specific topics, such as, Grammar, Writing Skills and pronunciation symbols.
• Follow the syllabi developed by the English Department.
• Develop and prepare supplementary resources for students including online resources, games, and classroom activities, in line with the objectives of the program;
• Make use of technological equipment such as projectors, LED Screens, Smart Boards, English Language Software
• Draft and give periodic text and final test and work out a system where all those marks contribute to the final grading.
• Mark and provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
• Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades;
• Participate in professional development workshops and training programs;
• Evaluate students’ performance regularly through quizzes and tests;
• Provide class reports to English Coordinators/ Head of English Language Department
• Makes sure the attendance is taken every day and poor attendance is reported to the management.
• Provides voluntarily administrative support to the management up on requests.
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor Degree in English Language Studies preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of English teaching experience
• Very strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Please email a cover letter concisely stating all your qualifications and experience along with your CV clearly indicating your qualifications and experiences pertaining to the position. Specify the position you are applying for and the names and contact information of 3 references and email to the mentioned email address.
Note: Please mention the Reference number and name of the position in your cover letter and e-mail subject line; otherwise the application will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Higher Education Curriculum Development Advis.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Part Time PMP Instructor at Aghaez Professional Services||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Child Friendly School Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Community Based Education Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Teacher معلم at Kabul Afghan Turk Girls' High School||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|معلم Teacher at Ariana Afghan Turk High School||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Computer Teacher at Afghanistan International School||Kabul||20 May 2018|
|ACCA Lecturer at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||22 May 2018|
|Coordinator at SDROA||Badghis||24 May 2018|
|Englısh Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||29 May 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|