Sr. Bridge Design Engineer(498 Views)
About Aziz Group
The proposed Road is located in the South East side of Badakhshan Province with almost 108km. The alignment of the access road passes through Baharak, Wardooj, Zebaak and Conecct to Eshakashem district. The area is hilly, not flat or level. There is need for more cases of land donation in this project because it has surrounded by river mountainous terrain and green land. The road width is about 11m. The road needs cutting, filling, Sub- base course, base course, Asphalt carriageway and Double Bituminous Surface Treatment (DBST) with side drain and construction of structures
(Culverts, Retaining and breast walls (Stone masonry and RCC), Washes, Bridges (RCC, PC) along the road. Along the road there are 6 RCC dick girder bridges proposed in feasibility studies (design).
(Concise and detailed description of activities, tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken, including expected travel, if applicable)
The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer works is responsible for the overall design of bridges, road structures and other hand is the one who is following the bridge construction activities on the site. The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer will manage all designs and technical documentation produced by the Bridge Design Unit, and specifically designs and reviews drawings, specifications and work methodologies according to AASHTO and MPW Design standards. Additionally, the Bridge Design Unit provides capacity building and mentoring to Civil Servant counterparts. The Sr. Bridge Design Engineer reports to the Head of Engineering Unit.
Project: Baharak to Eshakashem Highway 108km
|Date Posted:||08 May 2018||Reference:||RACC-010|
|Closing Date:||20 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design of RCC dick girder bridges and Prestressed concert bridge
• To carry out design investigation of cranes, hoists and similar apparatus used on bridges and highways to ensure the structure soundness of same and safety of operation.
• Detail design of the road structures (culverts, Retaining walls, Breast walls, Washes, RCC Drains etc)
• Support the technical documentation to ADB and consultation.
• Investigate bridge design alternative and development preliminary cost estimate according to site plan and general parameter provided by feasibility study documentation of the project.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of the project
• Preparing and estimation of the road structures BoQ
• Timely replying of the technical comments of the consultant and PMO sections.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and performance indicators; the quality and timeliness of the project work; effective management, effective human resources allocation; and accurate project reporting;
• Design, estimate, and prepare drawing of all projects such as bridges and roads structures of mentioned projects.
• Must be the Expert user of Staad Pro V8i and Staad foundation.
• Basic knowledge of RCC Dick Girder, Prestressed Bridges and road implementation.
• Use basic software for Bridge Design Auto CAD 2016, SAP2000, ETABS14, Revit 2016 Structure and architecture and Staad Pro V8i and Staad foundation
• Need to evaluate and control the CAD drawings of the structures (Culverts, Retaining walls, Washes, RCC drains etc)
• Provide basic guidelines for CAD engineer for shop drawings
• Economical and engineering analyzes of structures in order of replacing
• Familiar with international structures codes like IBC,UBC, AASHTOO LRF, ACI 318-02 AIS, BS 5896 - pre stressing steel and etc
• Must able to make site visits of all the road and bridge projects faced problems in the construction stage and solve technical problems on the site for short time.
• Create spreadsheets in design estimation and survey analysis of the projects.
• Make sure the quality construction work is as per specification of ADB and contracted documents.
• Continuously follow up the on-going projects and coordinate with the construction management unit of the RACC.
• Monitor the implementation of the works by conducting site visits and providing guidance for improvement and good results.
• Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
• Provide technical backstopping and training to project’s engineers and local contractors in bridge design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
• Final Product of staff
- Sr. Bridge design Engineer are prepared in adherence to AASHTO and/or MPW, ADB standards and use of materials according to technical specifications in BoQ. - Specifications are adhered to by Contractors
- Must be familiar with prestressed and post tension bridge design
- Expert use of Staad Pro V8i and Staad foundation is essential
- Must be able to deliver cost effective structures/bridges designs
- Must able to deliver at least 1 bridge design/2 months with complete documentation.
- Must able to prepare the bill of quantities of road and bridge projects.
- Must able to use Auto CAD 2D and 3D for bridge modelling
- Expert knowledge in Auto CAD for making detail (shop) drawings of the structures
- Must be able to use AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong MS Excel knowledge is compulsory to design the design spread sheets and knowledge of MS project will be an advantage.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashto, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in structure (Bridge) Engineering (Master degree in Bridge Structure is preferred) plus an additional 12 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
b. Work Experience
- At least 8years experience as a bridge design engineer Minimum 10 long RCC Dick Girder Bridges and 3 prestresssed long bridges should have designed and have implemented.
- At least 4years experience in a large scale road/bridges construction project(s).
- Previous experience working with ADB and international organizations and projects will be an advantage
- Previous experience in monitoring and training counterparts is considered an asset
Afghanistan - Kabul
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV to the HR Department RACC main office through email address. The relevant candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only those candidates who meet the qualification and requirements for the mentioned posts will be called for interview.
Address: House Number 193, 3rd sub- street on left side, 13th Street, Wazir Akbar Khan
|More jobs in this category|
|Sales Admin at ALEF Technology||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Exchangerzone||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Business Support Assistant at United Nations World Food Programme||Herat||23 Jul 2018|
|Cook - آشپز at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Afghanaid||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Receptionist at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Kabul||15 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Reporting Officer at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|transiator at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||03 Sep 2018|
|Project Assistant (دستیار مدیر پر.. at Dynamic Rigid||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|کارشناس اداری و تدارکاتی at MOIA||Kabul||15 Jul 2018|
|اشپز at شفاخانه معالجوی دندان سینا افغان ..||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|صفا کار at شفاخانه معالجوی دندان سینا افغ..||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Inventory Intern at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Jul 2018|
|English Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Multi Cities||15 Jul 2018|