Commercial Advisor(722 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fibre optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfil and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its commercial advisor post
The successful candidate is responsible to establish mechanism of coordination between Afghan Telecom and its stockholders mainly regional countries. He/ She have to closely liaise between Afghan Telecom, national stockholders and Regional ICT authorities. Based on requirement attend internal and external meetings, collect required data, analyze the data and provide brief reports/ presentations and regularly update the CEO of Afghan Telecom on any progress made.
Adviser is also responsible for establishment of technical working group where all issues related to Business development and regional connectivity is discussed and a brief report/presentation is provided to CEO for further decision. The consultant should line up business opportunities and regional activities with government and ICT sector regional policy and strategy.
a. The qualified Individual will function as an Advisor to the CEO of Afghan Telecom and coordinate all activities under the overall guidance of the CEO of Afghan Telecom.
b. Establishment of Coordination , Communication and Follow up mechanisms for further enhancement of business development and development of regional connectivity
|Date Posted:||08 May 2018||Reference:||005|
|Closing Date:||18 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Selected Individual Consultant will execute the following tasks:
• To conduct an assessment of all departments of Afghan Telecom and develop a comprehensive report with clear vision and targets for further development
• To study existing environment, identify challenges and provide concepts for future growth
• To develop a road map of future development as Short term, midterm and long term plans
• To provide inputs and ideas for structural , Finance, wire line and wireless reforms
• To carry out studies of current regional connectivity environment including existing challenges
• To develop a comprehensive working plan which can leads to establishment of coordination with regional and national ICT authorities
• To make sure existing connectivity status is aligned with government foreign and regional policy of ICT development
• Assist in development of unique regulations, standards and mechanism at the regional level considering Afghanistan ICT environment and national interests.
• To act as an interface between Afghan Telecom and its stockholders mainly regional partners, with an aim to find solutions to the challenges being faced by the Sector
• Study and conceptualize new initiatives mainly business development, regional standards and regulations
• To coordinate all activities related to cross border connectivity and regional standards
• To establish a mechanism of prompt actions and responses by technical staff at technical levels of regional connectivity
• To reactivate Afghan telecom membership in RCC and represent Afghan Telecom if required
• To establish a mechanism of constant communications with stakeholders at regional level through channels of conferences, and meetings with timely intervention for improvement of coordination at regional level.
• To coordinate issues with relevant Afghan Telecom and MCIT departments
• As per requirements represent Afghan Telecom in internal and international/ regional meetings and gatherings.
• Communicate and coordinate between the office of the CEO, Departments of the Ministry and all external parties to keep the office of the CEO updated of the overall process.
• Development of Archiving and filing mechanism for above mentioned tasks
• Provide assistance in development of E-Services following comparative studies of regional ICT initiatives
• Any other task given by CEO of Afghan Telecom
• Demonstrate integrity
• Result based management and reporting
• Best knowledge of ICT sector, regional cultures and official working environment
• Display cultural , gender, religion, race, nationality and adaptability
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
• Remains calm, in control even under pressure
• Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
• Treat everyone without favoritism
Minimum bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field
Master degree is prefer to Apply
• At least 5 years of related working experience with minimum of 4 years at senior level
• Minimum 5 year experience in coordination ( Experience in Afghan ICT sector is a plus)
• Experience of working with regional countries is a plus
• Minimum 5 year experience of working with government institutions( public sector)
• Minimum 5 year experience of working with national and international organizations
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Afghan Telecom corporate office
4th Floor Post Parcel Building
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul Afghanistan.
1. Applications will be reviewed thoroughly and only those candidates will be contacted for interviews whose qualifications meet the requirement of the job.
2. Short listed candidates are normally contacted within a week after the deadline for applications.
3. Applicants should have at least two references of the supervisors/co-workers, with whom they have worked.
4.Please mention vacancy number (005) -Commercial Advisorin the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|کارشناس پالیسی وپلان at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||03 Oct 2018|
|Data Entry/Reporting Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Develop..||Herat||27 Sep 2018|
|Senior Business Development Specialist at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||02 Oct 2018|
|Admin/Logistics Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afgha..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Labor Market Information Analysis (LMIA) Mana.. at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||02 Oct 2018|
|Re - مدیر محاسبه مالی at DABS||Kabul||26 Sep 2018|
|Branch Manager at OXUS Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|
|Capacity Building/Advocacy Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and D..||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|Regional Manager-Central at OXUS Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|
|Marketing Associate at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Field Marketing Intern at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|