The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSAMD through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IADC support will last for one year for NATEJA project.
The NATEJA project will focus on increasing access to non-formal technical and vocational training for the unskilled and semi-skilled, young, illiterate, Afghan women and men. This will be achieved by providing them with market relevant practical skills to improve their potential for wage employment and/or new business development and higher earnings, as well as building other livelihood skills. The project will also improve labor market outcomes by enhancing the quality of training delivery through performance-linked financial incentives, and will use non-formal training providers and employers to train the unskilled and illiterate individuals.
The Project Development Objective is “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training”.
The specific objective of the Italian fund for NATEJA Project is to enhance and strengthen the program, and increase the number of beneficiaries with a special focus on Western provinces, as well as Bamyan. Activities carried out under the Italian Government bilateral grant will share the same objectives and use all the existing documents and procedures developed for NATEJA project for its implementation.
Project objectives and expected results will remain the same as the project overall goal will be to increase the potential for employment, and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training.
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) within the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD), will implement the project.
The position of Office Cleaner exists to provide support to the office for the maintenance of the office. The jobholder must be able to efficiently clean offices; ensure a clean and safe environment according to scheduled requirements and to maintain a high degree of quality throughout each assigned area of responsibility. The job holder must be able to efficiently coordinate the cleaning activities of the office.
|Date Posted:||09 May 2018||Reference:||22.e|
|Closing Date:||18 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Services||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for cleaning the office area as well as its yard: vacuum carpets/wash floors on a daily basis, dust everyday all furniture and fixture so that same is kept clean; clean stairwells and all entrances on a daily basis; clean windows/doors and wash curtains as required, empty trash basket on a daily basis; wash used cups.
• Ensure that the office toilets are cleaned daily and that adequate supplies are available, such items as toilet paper, water, soap, washing detergent etc.
• Be responsible for the cleanliness and proper maintenance of the Conference Hall.
• Keep supervisor informed regarding supplies needed on a timely basis.
• Ensure adequate boiled/filtered water is available in your assigned area of work. Filters and kettles are regularly cleaned and fungus-free.
• Daily inspect the proper functioning of electrical and plumbing fixtures and immediately bring to the attention of the supervisor any repairs, maintenance or replacements that are required. Seek immediate replacement of tube lights and bulbs that are fused.
• Report to supervisors any damage or items that need repair.
• Prepare and serve refreshments to visitors and during meetings when/as required to do so.
• Assist in arranging official functions.
• Have the ability of cooking/preparing lunch for the staff.
• Coordinate and keep contact to his/her same level staff at the ministry.
• Assist in delivery of letters, requests letters and other papers to ministry departments.
• These key tasks and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the jobholder in consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
• Previous experience in similar position;
• Interested in shifts and long hours;
• A very good understanding of hygiene
• Has very good health condition and fitness
• Produce work of a consistency and acceptable care
• Ability to work well with others, individually and in groups.
• Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
Candidates should have Secondary School certificate or at least can read and write. Any formal training related to the position will be an asset.
Fluency in both national languages is required. Basic English speaking ability will be an asset.
Reporting line: Administrative and procurement Officer
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should submit their applications, with the following documents;
1. Your curriculum vitae (including full contact details);
2. A covering letter of no more than two pages, indicating which role(s) you are interested in and explaining how you meet our criteria;
To Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled in front of the first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their applications (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to email:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Irrigation Survey Engineer at Afghan Accenture Consulting Services||Multi Cities||03 Oct 2018|
|صفا کار at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|آموزگارخدمات مشورتی at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||03 Oct 2018|
|Social Assistant for MoMP/ACP Project at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum ..||Kabul||01 Oct 2018|
|کارکن خدماتی at National Medicine and Healthcare Products Regu..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|برقی at National Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authorit..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|آشپز at Natural Stone Company||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|