Assistant Professor of Law(1277 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Department of Law is seeking qualified candidates (Afghan nationals preferred) to fill one or two full-time faculty positions in the Department of Law, teaching at the undergraduate level, and participating in curriculum and program development. Successful candidates are expected to begin work in the Fall semester 2018. The job is located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
While exact teaching assignments will depend upon candidate qualifications and the needs of the university, the candidate could be asked to teach courses in commercial law, Islamic law, private law, and legal research and writing. Duties will include full time teaching, collaborating in AUAF’s partnership with Stanford Law School in the Afghanistan Legal Education Project (ALEP), student advising, and other tasks that respond to the needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled, though submission of applications by June 1, 2018 is encouraged.
|Date Posted:||10 May 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||31 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach four undergraduate or graduate courses (12 credits) per term, evaluating student work and assessing student learning outcomes.
• Participation in AUAF’s partnership with Stanford Law School (ALEP) to act as a peer reviewer in drafting and revising textbooks
• Hold regular office hours and work with individual students, acting as academic advisor and mentor.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Assist in program and curriculum review and development.
• Contribute service to the overall development of the university.
• Remain engaged in the field through research, scholarship, creative activities and/or other forms of professional engagement.
• Foster collegiality.
• Fulfill other duties as required.
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Undergraduate degree in law (Afghan)
• Graduate degree in law (International)
• Prior teaching experience strongly preferred but not required
• Professional legal experience desirable
• Experience in conflict, transition, or developing countries preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Legal
To apply, please send as a single PDF document: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references electronically. Please include “Law Faculty Application” in the subject line of the email.
AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree-granting school directly to AUAF).
|More jobs in this category|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|