Finance Assistant (Grade 6)(3280 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Provide support to the country office, as related to the preparation and monitoring of budget estimates, financial transactions, e-imprest, journalization, and liquidation of payments and facilitate the timely transfer of funds for Programme activities. Provide assistance to national and international staff and non-staff on all issues related to financial matters
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Under the overall supervision of the Medical, Polio Team Leader and under the direct supervision of the Polio DDM Technical Officer; guidance is provided in the form of work programme, account guidelines, administrative and financial instructions. Incumbent determine priorities and performs day-to-day routine tasks with minimal supervision. Complex issues or exceptions from established procedures are discussed and resolved with supervisor. Some judgment and interpretation are involved to determine appropriate methods for the processing of the various accounting tasks and in adapting established practices to assigned work. Complete work is reviewed by supervisor (s) for accuracy, adherence to the established procedure, deadlines and compliance with related policies.
|Date Posted:||10 May 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-05-13|
|Closing Date:||24 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Responsible for identifying and establishing an independent entity preferable an accounting firm that oversees the DDM process and provide independent reports on DDM as one of the strategy for GPEI in Afghanistan.
2. Review and finalize the contractual arrangements with the selected entity. Formalize the business relationship. Regularly evaluate needs for improvement and/or adjustment in the entity’s performance in accordance to ground reality as necessary.
3. Work closely with the selected bank and monitor the details of the payment and reporting process that are to be put in place.
4. Review and regularly update the DDM guidelines, SOP and other documents that are describing the process, the roles and responsibilities of involved partners to the polio eradication initiative in Afghanistan.
5. In collaboration with the technical officer for SIAs and other partners, prepare the budget for each round of SIA with narrative and justifications. Actively participate in the revision of rate cards. Distribute approved budget with all concerned prior to the start of the implementation ensure compliance to the budget per donor and organization requirement. Work closely with WHO provincial offices to collect relevant information on budget variances, additional funding requirements etc.
6. Organize and conduct training sessions for staff involved in SIAs administration and payment of frontline workers with the DDM Technical Officer.
7. Supervise the staff assigned to the funds disbursement team as well as additional staff as the need arises. Additional temporary personnel seconded by the bank may be added.
8. Responsible for the coordination of end to end of DDM process from planning, implementation, paying, reconciliation, reporting, quality assurance, FACE, document retiring and archiving in accordance to WHO policy.
9. In close coordination with the technical unit for campaign oversee the production and distribution of payment card to each district including management of buffer stocks at provincial office for each rounds.
10. Act as focal point between the WHO provincial offices, the bank and the accounting firm evaluate the disbursement process/ mechanism during each round; formulate ways to improve, and incorporate these into subsequent mechanisms/processes for subsequent rounds of SIAs.
11. Provide regular feedback to the technical team and administrative and finance officer on the implementation of the payment process. Update and publish payment tracking sheet on forth-nightly.
12. Responsible for the documentation and archiving of DDM files including back-ups (soft and hard copies), as well as maintaining and updating the DDM database and bank portal.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Very good time management and organizational skills
Demonstrated knowledge of banking regulations and local laws.
Proven analytical skills.
Knowledge of the organization's policies and regulations in general, and in particular,
regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
1)Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
2) Team work
4) Ensure effective use of resources
5) Setting an example
*Essential: Completion of secondary education: training in business administration/ commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: University degree in accounting, commerce or business administration is an asset.
*Essential: At least eight years of related experience in accounting and/ or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
- WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Account/Finance
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2018-05-13) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Finance / Procurement Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Financial and Administrative Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|مدیر عمومی حواله جات at Capital Region Independent Devel..||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|GP Assistant at DABS||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Tax Accounting Officer at DABS||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Tax Clearance Assistant at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Kabul||15 Jul 2018|
|Finance Officer at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Audit Officer at Alfalah Consulting Service (ACSC)||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer at AFTEL||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer (Re-announced) at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanis..||Kabul||15 Jul 2018|
|Admin & Finance at Gas Maie Anardarah||Herat||15 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|