Finance Assistant(3937 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Provide support to the country office & Sub-Office, as related to Polio Programme in regards to the preparation and monitoring of budget estimates, financial transactions, e-imprest, journalization, and liquidation of payments and facilitate the timely transfer of funds for Programme activities. Provide assistance to national and international staff and non-staff on all issues related to financial matters.
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer and general guidance of the WR, Afghanistan work is performed in a typical office environment. The Assistant is a team member; guidance is provided in the form of work programme, account guidelines, administrative and financial instructions. Supervisor/s and lead-worker/s determine priorities on the basis of changing and ad-hoc requirements. Incumbent performs day-to-day routine tasks independently. Complex issues or exceptions from established procedures are discussed and resolved with supervisor. Some judgment and interpretation are involved in determining appropriate methods for processing of the various accounting tasks and in adapting established practices to assigned work. Complete work is reviewed by supervisor (s) for accuracy, adherence to the established procedures and deadlines.
|Date Posted:||10 May 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-05-14|
|Closing Date:||24 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1293 to 1293 USD|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Initiate and process Polio financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC.
2. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions related to Polio Program activities, Polio Campaigns and AFP Surveillance.
3. Follow up on the transfer of program funds and initiate award budgeting in GSM workplans. Monitor awards expiry dates, alert responsible staff, and initiate action for expenditure batches. Review and follow up on encumbrances and unapplied receivable balances, process and monitor revisions of amounts vis-à-vis award distribution by SO/OWER.
4. Prepare financial tables and other ad-hoc reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
5. Check financial reports for all Polio activities, and settle all advances released to Polio team.
6. Follow up on all Polio payment related to Direct Disbursement mechanism (DDM)
7. Check the travel claims and the attachments, and make sure all required documents are attached.
8. Reconcile country office/Sub Office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis
9. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required related to E-Imprest, recording expenses and receipts.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Very good organizational skills.
Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws.
Good analytical and effective communication skills.
Sound knowledge of the organization's policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
Educations: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or
technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Completion of secondary education; training in accounting or business administration/commerce and/ or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Experience: At least 4 years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language. French is an asset
- WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Account/Finance
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2018-05-14) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Finance / Procurement Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|