Female Enumerator(722 Views)
MSI is an international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2016, we became part of A Tetra Tech Company. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Tetra Tech Company. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank.The ARTF-TPM Program was put in place to meet a number of objetives:
1. Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
2. The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
3. The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position. **
As part of the ARTF year II monitoring program, the World Bank has tasked Management Systems International (MSI) with collecting environmental, social safeguard and gender field data for various subprojects. While performing this task, field engineers typically identify data sources such as beneficiaries, CDCs and ministry representatives in order to ask a pre-selected set of questions. Questions pertaining to the local environment and local community beneficiaries (male) are aimed at understanding if/how World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguard (ESS) guidelines have been followed during both the planning and implementation phases of subprojects. While the male engineers may collect the data from male community members, female perspectives are missed in this approach. Due to cultural issues, it has been difficult for the male engineers to speak to female members of the community, in order to understand their perspectives on female participation in project planning and execution. The proposed female enumerators will fill this gap by collecting gender-segregated data in the all over the 34 provinces.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
All MSI personnel who work in Afghanistan must be physically able: (i) to function for extended periods of time wearing personal protective body armor weighing approximately 35 pounds and a helmet weighing approximately 5 pounds; (ii) to walk comfortably over rough terrain; and (iii) to ascend up to six flights of stairs on a daily basis. Candidates will be required to provide medical certification to MSI's satisfaction of the absence of any conditions that might impair a candidate's ability to meet these requirements.
|Date Posted:||12 May 2018||Reference:||0215|
|Closing Date:||19 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect gender-segregated data in the specified template (checklist) provided by MSI
• Conduct visits to verify ESS and gender data collected by the MSI engineers
• Conduct focus group discussions, as needed, to get women’s perspectives on project planning and execution
• Collect environmental and social safeguards (including gender) data, which have been followed according to project contract requirements
• Conduct key informant interviews with CDCs, school principals, SMSes, IAs and Mirabs as needed
• Visit Provincial Management Units (PMUs), Provincial Education Directorates (PEDs) and regional offices to collect and/or verify project specific data
• Provide input for data collection checklists
• Participate in coordination and/or review meetings with the World Bank and the ministries as needed
• Participate in the training programs organized by MSI, the World Bank and the ministries, as needed
• Prepare and transfer a detailed report of each site visit according to MSI standards
• Comply with MSI security procedures to facilitate tracking during site visits, including making the required GPS notifications and reporting changes in security conditions
• Comply with MSI’s project expense submission and reimbursement procedures
• Perform all other duties as assigned by MSI senior management
• High School graduated (Bachelor degree is preferable)
• 1 year of relevant working experience with NGOs or other organization.
• Must be responsible, trustworthy and punctual
• Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
• Should be well familiar with usage of smartphones
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability in to explain in details
• Candidate must write her exact current/permanent address (City/Village, District and Province) on CVs.
• Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
• Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
To apply: Please send your CVs to below email address.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Translator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|