Environmental Specialist for MoMP/PPG Project(972 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of PPG Project, Environmental Specialist is responsible to Ensure timely preparation of site specific Environmental Assessments (EAs) /Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) for sub-projects, as necessary (depending on screening outcome and guidance provided in the ESMF and ESMPs); co-ordinate with MoMP for hiring technical assistance, where necessary, and for review and endorsement of these safeguard documents.
|Date Posted:||12 May 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PPG-Environmental Specialist|
|Closing Date:||23 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Provide overall policy and technical direction for environmental safeguards management under the Project (as defined by the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and the World Bank Safeguard Policies.
3. Ensure environmental analysis is carried out for each sub-project as soon as conceptual technical design and scope have been defined; Closely co-ordinate with the MoMP for review and endorsement of the screening decision and recommendation.
4. Gather information for environmental screening of project sites, via site visits, analysis of photographic evidence from sites, maps etc.
5. Ensure timely preparation of site specific Environmental Assessments (EAs) /Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) for sub-projects, as necessary (depending on screening outcome and guidance provided in the ESMF and ESMPs); co-ordinate with MoMP for hiring technical assistance, where necessary, and for review and endorsement of these safeguard documents
6. Ensure consistency of safeguard documents with national environmental regulations; work with the MoMP to obtain necessary clearances from local environmental regulatory authorities for sub-projects, where applicable.
7. Co-ordinate closely with the Engineers and Technical officers managing project implementation in the project area, and provide necessary technical assistance to facilitate the implementation, management and monitoring of environmental safeguards and environmental management plans.
8. Ensure that applicable measures in the EMP are included in the design, and condition on compliance with EMP is included in the bidding documents
9. Ensure compliance with EMPs during the construction period and maintain close co-ordination with the site engineer of the implementing agency and the Environmental focal point of the contractor.
10. Conduct monitoring visits where possible or partake in photo documentation of project sites during implementation to conduct monitoring of site works via coordination with project implementation teams.
11. Execute any other tasks assign by the line manager according to laws and regulations.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• A basic Bachelor of Science degree from a recognized university on Environmental Science or Environmental Management with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of environmental science/environmental management and master degree is preferred in these fields.
• Experience on donor funded projects and prior implementation of donor safeguards is an advantage.
• Prior experience in World Bank funded projects will be a further advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Social Science
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/May/2018 at 16:00PM. Reference MoMP/PPG-Environmental Specialist must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator) Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
|Master Finisher - Carpet at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Carpet Design and Production Specialist at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Regional Carpet Manager (Balkh) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Balkh||28 Feb 2019|
|Regional Carpet Officer (Bamyan) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Bamian||28 Feb 2019|
|National consultant Medic al Diaspora at World Health Organization||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|