Support Center Manager(753 Views)
About OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD
Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) is the focal Ministry of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan mandated to work on Labour Affairs, Social Protection and Welfare and providing services for persons with disabilities and families of Martyrs.
As such, the work and mandate of the Ministry is very crucial particularly for contributing in achieving the third critical goal of the Afghanistan Compact. To fulfill its Mission, the MoLSAMD has further divided into four Programs.
• Labor Welfare & Skill Development Program
• Program for the Welfare of the Families of Martyrs & Disabled
• Social Welfare Program
• Administration & Finance Capacity Development Program
MoLSAMD is the focal Ministry in the field of Social Protection and child protection in Afghanistan. Moreover, the Government of Afghanistan ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), and is in the process of legalizing the Child Act to reinforce the child protection system in Afghanistan. Additionally, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) with support of UNICEF established CPS (Child Protection Secretariat under the Social Affairs division in 2014.
The concept of a Child Protection Secretariat (CPS) has been incorporated by the Government of Afghanistan as a means of reshuffling the delivery of protection services to children by providing institutional leadership regarding the identification of, and policy response to, national child protection priorities.
Family is the fundamental unit of human society. The family is a symbol of love and care as well as mutual support for its members. The Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) has acknowledged this in its preamble, stating that. “Maintaining children within their own family helps to ensure continuity in their upbringing and the maintenance of family relationships. The growing child’s sense of identity is derived largely from a sense of belonging within her/his family and community.”
In Afghanistan the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled and UNICEF has understood family re-unification or re-integration as:
“Targeted, goal-oriented short-term outcome-focused interventions aimed to re-unite separated children with their families of origin.” and prevent the institutionalization of children. Hence, for the MoLSAMD wants to reactivate the centre for saving the children at risk until their families are identified if they are reintegrated to the society or/and families.
The objective of this position is the overall management of the children‘s Children at Risk Supporting Centre-CRSC activities, maintain children records and their rapid re-unification or re-tracing with their families as per the UNCRC and state policy and legislation, through involvement of provincial and regional CPANs, with proper mobilization of MoLSAMD social workers.
|Date Posted:||12 May 2018||Reference:||M/OVCSP/DM/MoLSAMD|
|Closing Date:||26 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all children who are introduced through official channel, received and recorded properly in the center database;
• Ensure that the children center is a child friendly environment, Keep children record, while entering in center and after reintegration
• Ensure that all staff who are working in the center have understood and signed the Code of Conduct and care of children as per the CRC Prepare children’s file in a good and proper manner
• Ensure that all Children’s Transit Center staff has the child rights knowledge and how to behave with children. Coordinate center activities with governmental bodies, NGOs and INGOs for reintegration purpose
• Ensure the best interest of the child in any action affecting the children who come to the center as unaccompanied, and ensure their meaningful participation through the process of reunification, Arrange counselling with both children and their families
• Ensure the development and implementation of proper activity plan for children with their consultation.
• Ensure children health, nutrition, educational and psychological requirement is addressed in an appropriate and effective manner, through coordination and signing of MOU with MoPH for primary health care and check-up of children. Keep the health record of the children and updated on regular bases.
• Ensure children meet with their parents and legal guardians in the center, under proper monitoring and supervision. Before arrange such meeting ensure that the visitors are the real legal guardian of the child.
• Facilitate the reunification of children with their families, after completion of all procedures and obtaining of the MOLSAMD DM approval.
• Provide guidance and support to other staff to provide quality services for the children and meeting the program objective
• Ensure overnight monitoring of children in the center and prevent any kind of abuse and violence against children by staff of the center, by other children, Develop the reunification procedure, get the DM approval, implemented in close coordination with government departments, CPAN, and other related non-government organizations. Make sure that children are properly reunified to their families and according to the procedures
• Develop progress report of Center activities and submitted to MOLSA on regular basis
• Attend CPAN meetings on monthly basis
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Having at least a BA (Bachelor Degree) or its equivalent degree with 4 years working experience or relevant experience.
Excellent facilitation skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders and to manage different working group sessions
Adopt at using All MS Office Programs
Good analytical and reporting skills
Have proper understanding of child protection national and international standards and policies
Knowledge of project management skills and office management
Good working knowledge of Dari, Pashto and (English is compulsory)
Strong both oral and written communication, advocacy and negotiation skills
Reporting to: CPS Director
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their CV and application Letter, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department, Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to: HR-DEPARTMENT, Mr. Mohammad Haroon Sherzai
firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com must have in CC:firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Operation Specialist at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Bayat Group||Kabul||10 Jun 2018|
|CEO at 786 Pharma||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Program Manager-TA at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 May 2018|
|Executive Director at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||29 May 2018|