Legal Advisor(1131 Views)
About Islamic Bank of Afghanistan
Islamic Bank of Afghanistan is an Islamic commercial Bank incorporated in Kabul-Afghanistan which is 3rd largest Bank in terms of size; assets and number of branches, operating according to the best international standards. It has been set up with the objective to help the Afghan business community and common men to prosper; the aim is financial inclusion with upon-Afghanistan presence. Everyday our employees work to satisfy the customers consisting mainly of Afghan locals, entrepreneurs and International Institutions, our vision is to provide a Delightful Banking Experience to all our customers. Islamic Bank of Afghanistan has the third largest branches network in Afghanistan. Our customers are able to access 61 branches. (30 branches in major provinces of the country, 29 branches in Kabul, 2 extension counters, and 19 ATMs.). To further strengthen our acknowledgement, the Islamic Bank of Afghanistan is looking for experienced Business Development Officers, for its Head Office in Kabul, playing a crucial role in the development of business.
The legal Advisor will function as a member Credit Department, providing the necessary administrative support and assistance on all matters related to the team activities. Additional support will be provided on interpretation and translation related matters, as an integrant part of the day-to-day activities. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the CCO and Dy. Chief Credit Officer.
|Date Posted:||12 May 2018||Reference:||IBA HR|
|Closing Date:||31 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Services||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To perform prompt and precise translations from English into Pashto/ Dari and vice versa of all materials assigned to him such as legal texts, administrative instructions, SOP’s (Standing Operating Procedures), training manuals, presentations, letters, reports and other law- related matters.
2. Typically, legal advisors are lawyers specialized in a specific field of the law and are employed to prevent their clients from any legal implications or consequences. Individuals or organizations may seek the expertise of a legal advisor after a legal battle has already ensued for a recommendation on a plan of action. Additionally, legal advisors may be called on to mediate disputes, oversee a contract signing or advise about corporate management.
3. While advising clients, legal advisors must research the necessary comparable legal procedures and laws, as well as comparable cases. They must also know how to apply the law to their clients' circumstances. Generally, corporations or individuals hire legal advisors; however, government offices may also hire a legal advisor to counsel police chiefs and other law enforcement managers on the management of their staff.
4. According to bank’s need, the lawyer /legal advisor must look into dealing of credit dept. of the bank, and in case if any loan facility of the bank goes to default, then the legal advisor takes care of all the court related issues of the credit ie baye jay zee and other.
5. The person should be well familiar with afghan court system, local law and should be a good communicator.
6. Typically, legal advisors are lawyers specialized in a specific field of the law and are employed to prevent their clients from any legal implications or consequences. Individuals or organizations may seek the expertise of a legal advisor after a legal battle has already ensued for a recommendation on a plan of action. Additionally, legal advisors may be called on to mediate disputes, oversee a contract signing or advise about corporate management.
7. While advising clients, legal advisors must research the necessary comparable legal procedures and laws, as well as comparable cases. They must also know how to apply the law to their clients' circumstances. Generally, corporations or individuals hire legal advisors
8. To fulfill any other tasks or assignments related to the above mentioned duties as instructed by the respective supervisor, Line Manager or his/her delegate
• Official degree or relevant Training in law or/and sharia law.
• Bachelor's degree in pre-law or similar field, followed by completion of LSAT and law school degree; master's degree in law-related field may also be beneficial
• Excellent bi-lingual knowledge in English and Pashto /Dari languages
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours
• Knowledge of legal concepts and judicial institutions
• Knowledge of English and Pashto/Dari legal terminology
• Ability to communicate with people of all levels and backgrounds
• Ability to work in a tense environment
Afghanistan - Kabul
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo
To be considered, your application must be received by 30 May-2018
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Social Assistant for MoMP/ACP Project at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum ..||Kabul||01 Oct 2018|
|کارکن خدماتی at National Medicine and Healthcare Products Regu..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|برقی at National Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authorit..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|آشپز at Natural Stone Company||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|(صفا کار ( لغمان at DABS||Laghman||19 Sep 2018|