About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 112 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 5,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a three-year cultural protection project with the support of the British Council. This project will preserve and protect tangible built heritage and intangible craft skills in the last intact historic neighbourhood of Kabul. It will train hundreds of volunteers, artisans, builders, architects, engineers, cultural heritage managers, and government officials so that they are better able to preserve and protect their heritage. It will raise the profile of Afghan cultural heritage domestically and internationally, reaching hundreds of thousands of people. Finally it will nurture creative entrepreneurs who will ensure the sustainability of the project’s gains.
|Date Posted:||13 May 2018||Reference:||0518-02|
|Closing Date:||19 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure security and safety of Staff.
• Ensure security of premises.
• Search of visitors and packages entering into the office compound.
• Check the removal/outgoing items and ensure that paper release and documentation is completed.
• Report any security related information, incident and irregularities to the security authorized person.
• Conduct compound and perimeter patrol on regular basis.
• Report any suspicious persons, vehicles or objects to the Security Assistant.
• Conduct building patrol after hours and physically check all office doors and ensure that they are securely locked.
• Assist other staff members when required.
• Perform any other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
• Secondary/high school education.
• Minimum 2 years’ of relevant experience with national or international organizations.
• Literate, ability to speak English.
• Politeness, maturity and honesty.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Candidates should submit their covering letter and C.V. by no later than May 19, 2018. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention - Guard + last name.
Kindly combine covering letter and C.V. as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.
|More jobs in this category|
|Security and Transport Manager at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Guard (Bamyan) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Bamian||28 Feb 2019|