FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOODS DEPUTY HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (FSL DHoD)(1082 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
Objective 1: Assist the FSL HoD on the implementation of the Food Security programs
Objective 2: Provide technical training to ACF staff involved in food security activities
Objective 3: Research and Capitalization
Objective 4: Reporting
Objective 5: Humanitarian Response
|Date Posted:||13 May 2018||Reference:||ACF-FSL|
|Closing Date:||26 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up project activities and assess the programs’ progress by conducting regular field visits and
exchanging with the teams. Write field reports including recommendations and send to FSL HOD
• Assist in the M&E cycle of agriculture and livestock activities: ensure timely implementation of M&E
exercises, (post-harvest surveys, animal kit PDM…)
• Ensure quality of farming inputs procured and distributed by ACF
• Supervise germination test
• Support the PMs defining the implementation methodology of agriculture activities, and define realistic work
plans in line with the agricultural calendar
• Support technical training at base and field level
• Support food security and livelihoods assessments and surveys
• Assess technical needs of the team according to activities to implement;
• Design, organize and conduct technical training in the field
• Produce/ update technical booklets for the teams.
• Participate in recruitment and training of the technical staff
• Capitalize on agro and food security-related activities
• Participate in strategic orientation of the department by identifying agriculture and livelihoods needs and
reflecting on local knowledge and experience
• Identify partners working in agriculture and establish a collaboration
• Participate in agro-technical workshops with MAIL and other national stakeholders at Kabul and Provincial
• Provide updates to the FSL HOD whenever necessary
• Ensure the timely production/compilation of monthly and technical reports from field visits, training reports to
• Be able to render service especially in emergency response in case of disasters in Afghanistan.
• Computer skills are compulsory (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Good English language in written and spoken is essential apart from the local dialects
• A team player/builder with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skill and able to perform under pressure
• At least 3 years’ experience in working for humanitarian organizations
• At least 5 years’ experience in implementing and managing agriculture and food security-based programs or projects
• High-level agriculture and food security technical background
• Experience in farmer field school practice and natural resource management (an advantage)
• Experience in participative planning, surveys, and assessments
• Experience working in areas with volatile security contexts with the capacity to face a stressful environment (preferred)
• Clear understanding and practice of project cycle management
• Must have demonstrated skills/knowledge in participatory approaches, analytical and gender-fair thinking and writing. Ability to express clear ideas to various types of actors is essential.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
(1) Shar e Naw, Herate Mosque Street, House , KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not receive a reply to your application within 2 months, your file has not been shortlisted. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, because we receive a very large number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will receive an explanation as to why their applications were ultimately unsuccessful upon request.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!