Chief Operating Officer(377 Views)
About Albashir Exchange and MSP
Albashir Exchange is a money exchange company with having the largest network, modern system and providing multiple products and services to its customers inside and outside the country.
The Chief Operating Officer manages all operational activities as a profit and cost center and ensures the delivery of reliable, secured, quality and timely services to clients at the least cost, in a secure and controlled environment while ensuring maximum profitability and compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
He/she directs, administers and coordinates the activities of operations in support of policies, goals, core values and objectives established by the Management.
|Date Posted:||13 May 2018||Reference:||AG/VA/18-24|
|Closing Date:||01 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Voting member of the Board of Management of the company after obtaining the required approvals.
2. Establish and implement policies & procedures for sound, smooth and effective day-to-day operations of the company.
3. Advise and assist the management in the development, introduction and promotion of company’s products and services.
4. Look after for the management of core business operations, including exchange & remittances, product development, policy development and maintenance of strong internal controls.
5. Prepare and check reports on daily/weekly/monthly basis relating to overall status of the company’s operations and share any major issue/point with the Management Board.
6. Ensures that all organization operational activities are carried out in compliance with company’s & DAB directives and other applicable regulations and laws.
7. Direct responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Branches operations.
8. Appraise performance, provide feedback/coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees of operation unit as well as addressing complaints and resolving problems.
9. Introduce and promote exchange & MSP products and services in a competitive market, lead creative service delivery in a sustainable manner, sometimes in areas with limited infrastructure.
10. Drive the operation unit to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
11. Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the company.
12. Act as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with VIP clients and partners.
13. Take leading part in new product development, expansion of branches network, marketing activities, database management and required reporting.
14. Ensure proper physical and digital security of the company’s staff, assets, premises, cash-at-vault, cash-in-transit and other properties.
15. Develop and regularly update operational manual/procedures for all key processes, including operational process, compliance, customer service, cash management and data entry/maintenance.
16. Liaise with the Afghan Central Bank on operational compliance and reporting requirements.
17. Monitor and take appropriate measurements for mitigating different risks involved in operational processes & procedures.
18. Responsible for setting operational strategy for making the company ahead of competitors in the market.
19. Represent the company from operational perspective in various meetings, conferences, seminars and other official events.
20. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Management.
Goals to be achieved in the first 3-6 month of performing the role
1. Develop and establish operation manual and policies.
2. Lead and coordinate the internal operational activities.
3. Establish effective branch management system.
4. Improve the working environment of the company.
5. Proper and effective transfer & exchange system & procedures in the company.
• At least 5 years related experience in a MSP & Exchange, banking or financial institution and at least 2-3 years as COO, Deputy COO or manager of a large branch.
• Working knowledge of operational policies, procedures and best practices.
• Ability to design and implement innovative steps for operational efficiency.
• Good knowledge of operational requirements with regard to the customer service, cash management, compliance, risk and legal aspects.
• Possess strong managerial, analytical and financial skills.
• Understanding of Afghan market, law and regulations will be an advantage.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good skill in computer literacy.
• Proper judgement skill in resolving issues.
• Being professional, disciplined and transparent.
• Flexible regarding working hours and travels for visiting branches.
• Able to cope with stress and meet deadlines.
• MBA degree in Management, Finance or Marketing field.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Operation
Interested candidates, who matches the above criteria may send thier applications along with thier CV and recent picture electronically to the below mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title at the subject line of your email.
Only shorlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!