Night Shift NOC Engineer(961 Views)
About io Global Services Private Limited
Established in 2002-2004 in post war situation io Global Services Pvt. Ltd was one of the very first ISP to provide Internet Services in Afghanistan and having market share over 67% within the first decade of its establishment.
io Global Services (Pvt.) Ltd ranks as one of the top 5 Internet Services Provider among 56+ registered Internet Services provider in Afghanistan
io Global Services (Pvt.) Ltd is a technology-focused and pioneer in providing Optical Fiber, VSAT, Wireless broadband High Speed Internet Services, Voice over IP and Managed Services to large Corporates, SMEs and SOHOs. Io Global holds a National level Internet Service Provider License and is one of the only two commercial nation wide WiMAX License holder.
io Global Services Private Limited was formed by a team of professionals in the field of satellite communications, information technology and telecommunications. Io Global specializes in short and long-term turnkey contracts for services with operating engineering staffers, microwave, satellite, design engineers and project managers.
With a satisfied client base including but not limited to Government Line Ministries, LTA "Long Term Agreements with United Nations, Embassies, Donors, aid agencies, NGO's, Banking and several other national and multinational organizations and corporations.
io Global is also an established Microwave & Satellite, Voice, Data and Video systems integrator providing cost-efficient services with strategic business relationships with leading ICT, microwave and Satellite services companies around the world
The Company focuses on extreme customer satisfaction by implementing tried and tested systems and procedures, fast response time, quick turn ON time, proper documentation with access to state of the art test and measurement equipment and labs.
Being one of the leading ISP we are committed to play a vital role in achieving Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority's (ATRA's) vision
NOC Engineer will be responsible to manage overall network operation center of the IO Global during night shift
|Date Posted:||14 May 2018||Reference:||IOG005/NS-1|
|Closing Date:||30 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor the network
• Cacti/ PRTG implementation knowledge
• Troubleshooting and fault finding in multi-vendor network environment
• Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
• Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
• Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
• Installation of network hardware and software.
• Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota. Candidate Profile
• Familiar with network requirements in an ISP environment
• Experience of working on Point to Point in an ISP environment, a large NOC
• CCNA certified or equivalent level of knowledge.
• Basic understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP); IP filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS); Quality of Service; MPLS; Ethernet (STP, RSTP, .1q VLANs, QinQ).
• Good working knowledge of BRAS / LNS / L2TP / P2P / VSAT
• Basic understanding of AAA platforms such as Radius and/or TACACS.
• Familiar working in a data centre environment.
• Knowledge of fiber optic splicing (fibre)
• Knowledge of Open reach access products (MPF/SMPF, GEA, FCP, B-BBUSS) desirable.
• Basic Linux/UNIX skills ideal but not essential.
• Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
• Clear communicator (written and verbal).
• Capable of prioritising and managing own workload.
• Installation microwave devices on tower/customer site.
• Knowledge of CCR Mikrotik
• Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
• Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others develop.
any other duties assigned by supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Great understanding of Cisco enabled network environments
• Ability to think clearly and logically.
• Skills in problem identification and solution.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
• High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English , Dari and Pashto.
• Ability to work independently in remote locations under adverse conditions.
• Negotiation skills.
• Leadership , Team work and self-motivated
• Great Communication Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT ,Telecom or related fields. Master’s degree in a related field will be preferred.
• Cisco Certified Route and Switch (CCNA R & S) CCNP would be recommended.
• CompTIA Network + or Security + is recommended
• Microsoft Certification is recommended
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
To apply, attach a cover letter along with your CV, subject of the email should be Vacancy No. else the email will not be entertained.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Senior MIS Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and ..||Kabul||01 Jun 2018|
|E-Banking Technical Manager at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Help Desk Executive at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Persian Personalized Internet Assessor - Afgh.. at Lionbridge GSS||Multi Cities||01 Jun 2018|
|IT & MIS Manager (Re_ Announced) at Exchangerzone||Kabul||25 May 2018|