Program Assistant (CBM-T)(878 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 92 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Kunar, Laghman and Jawzjan provinces.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
Background on the duty
The Community Based Monitoring of Courts’ Trials Program Assistant will be responsible to assist the Program Specialist in managing the activities of CBM-T Program on central as well as provincial level. He/ she has the responsibility of engaging with local communities and government authorities to promote community based monitoring of trials as well as anti-corruption efforts and demand for transparency. Furthermore, this position involves drafting activities/progress reports and handling online database. The Program Assistant shall undertake the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||14 May 2018||Reference:||027/18|
|Closing Date:||22 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties
The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Assistant are as following:
1. Establish and manage strong relationships with local communities in target provinces (including CDCs, communities, legal service providers, and civil societies) to conduct community monitoring of court trials.
2. Engage with the provincial focal points and Local Monitors who will meet extensively the community members in target districts in order to understand community concerns with formal justice institutions.
3. Facilitate means to assist communities in establishing processes by which they elect community representatives to become court monitors.
4. Train local monitors on community based monitoring and transparency.
5. Monitor data entry process, verify entered data and make sure that the database is working properly.
6. Assist program Specialist to manage processes, and toolkit creation for Focal points to deliver legal trainings to the local monitors relating to Afghan law and trial monitoring skills.
7. Assist program Specialist to prepare work plans and budget forecasts.
8. Draft/Make activity reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) and submit to head of unit.
9. On behalf of program Specialist follow up of the activities, regularly attend meetings and report to Program Specialist;
10. Visit courts, IWA provincial offices and Field justice sector partners occasionally.
11. Help head of unit to Identify human resource needs of the programs, eventually draft job descriptions and ensure the recruitment of high quality staff in a joint effort with the Head of Administration.
12. Coordinate with the Head of Advocacy and Communications to design and conduct advocacy and communications activities in line with strategic objectives and policies.
13. Make sure that the program is implemented according CBM-T procedure and plans.
The candidate should have very good written and verbal language skills in both official languages as well as English
• Must be Law/ Sharia Graduate.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• Should have 3 years of relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Job Description to below mentioned email. In the e-mail subject line please write “Program Assistant (CBM-T)” and your name.
The deadline for applications is May 22 May 2018. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Professional Trainer at INL/CSSP||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Corrections Case Manager at INL/CSSP||Multi Cities||24 Nov 2018|
|Compliance Officer at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|Legal Secretary at Shajjan & Associates||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|