M&E Section Lead(1427 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Section Lead position for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) section under the supervision of Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors.
|Date Posted:||14 May 2018||Reference:||VA 18-017|
|Closing Date:||24 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• In close collaboration with Technical Director and M & E Advisor
• Review the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting mechanisms of JSSP and provide recommendations for improvement where required
• Review and improve the systems in place for measuring the effectiveness of various program interventions including training and mentoring/on-the-job training.
• Develop reporting mechanisms for collecting data on program performance indicators accommodated in the M&E Matrix and DevResults which is an online indicator tracking system from INL
• Design and implement assessments intended at measuring program effectiveness in building human and organizational capacity of the client government institutions.
• Develop assessment reports outlining the effectiveness of JSSP capacity building efforts.
• Develop and propose mechanisms intended at improving coordination between M&E and other relevant program sections.
• Develop and maintain a Performance Management Plan (PMP)
• Develop and maintain Monthly Program Reviews (MPRs)
• Develop and maintain Pro-Plan and ensure that the milestones listed against each program deliverable are achieved within the timeframe
• Develop/review and edit program Weekly and Quarterly Reports and make sure that the reported information is verifiable and that they reflect program achievements.
• Develop mechanisms for data management and triangulation and make sure that various data quality assurance measures are in place and reliable data is reported to the stakeholders including donor.
• Develop and maintain the project M&E database system and propose improvements where needed
• Contribute in the development of Program Work Plans and make sure that the capacity building needs of the client government institutions are taken care of.
• Design, manage and organize surveys when necessary including the developing of survey designs, data collection tools, data collection and management methodologies, data analysis and writing reports.
• Conduct periodic meetings with the donor intended at explaining and monitoring and evaluation system adopted by the program
• Provide training and build M&E capacity of staff
• Manage and supervise the M&E and Curriculum Development Team (CDT) and perform regular internal performance appraisals; and
• Perform other duties within the scope of work assigned by the senior management
• Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and oral English
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients
• Ability to develop and manage an effective and motivated team
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload
• Knowledge of current best international practices for training and mentoring
• Knowledge of organizational development
• Knowledge of the government and ministries of Afghanistan
• Knowledge of capacity building and transition for Afghan justice institutions
• Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring programs in the international development sector
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience and a Masters, or 7 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree
• At least one year in a management role, and demonstrated abilities that include strategic planning, and program management
• The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries
• Superior interpersonal skills
• A Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, M & E
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than May 24, 2018. The subject line must be (M&E Section Lead - VA 18-017), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior M&E Officer at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|