Aynak Copper Project Coordinator for MoMP(805 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of MoMP Authority, Project Coordinator is responsible for the functions related to general monitoring of the project including adherence to reporting requirements to donors and ministry, coordinate timely implementation of all aspects of the project with particular emphasis specific activities described in the project document such as capacity building activities, social and environmental management, community development, monitoring and evaluation; and resource-sharing;
|Date Posted:||14 May 2018||Reference:||MoMP/Aynak Cooper Project Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||27 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. General monitoring of the project including adherence to reporting requirements to donors and ministry
3. Coordinate timely implementation of all aspects of the project with particular emphasis specific activities described in the project document such as capacity building activities, social and environmental management, community development, monitoring and evaluation; and resource-sharing;
4. Daily financial management of donor resources in accordance with the approved budget;
Ensure the timely execution of administrative procedures for the project
5. In close coordination with the senior management, monitor and advise on risks to project implementation and make recommendations for risk mitigation measures as required;
Provide timely and accurate reports to Ministry and donors on developments and progress within the project;
6. Ensure adherence to administrative, project management and financial rules and regulations;
7. Draft periodic project narrative reports according to the requirements of the donor;
8. Assist the Head of Programs in preparing technical and financial reports, including analysis of statistical data and financial reports in coordination with Finance Unit;
9. Maintain accurate project filing systems covering all project activities (including contract agreements with implementing partners, monitoring and evaluation reports, and photographic evidence of outputs, among others;
10. Coordinate project procurement and logistics activities with administrative support personnel;
11. Liaise with the clients during project closeout report submission and acceptance
12. Timely administration of project agreements including budget adjustments, amendments and official correspondence with donors and ministry;
13. Manage all technical aspect related to Aynak Copper Project.
14. Manage implement environmental, H&S standards in mining activities.
15. Mange all activities related to archeological relic, land acquisition, resettlement and social issues of Aynak Copper Project.
16. Development of harmonized monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools and procedures.
17. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the MoMP Authorities according to laws and regulations.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• At least Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Geo Sciences, or related studies and Master’s Degree highly preferred.
• Degree or Certificate in Project Management a distinct advantage
• Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in project implementation, donor liaison, operations, administration, or related functions
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset
• Experience in monitoring, control and evaluation of projects or any other project in Afghanistan
• Past experience coordinating impact evaluation activities and familiarity with social-scientific research methods is an advantage
• Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Have excellent analytical, and writing skills
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email/internet, ability to operate other Information
• Management/Database software is highly desirable.
• Experience in providing assistance and support in evaluation and performance monitoring.
• Competent in the use of computers and standard computer software
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Social Science
• Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/May/2018 at 16:00PM. Reference MOMP/ACP Project Coordinator must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
• Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator) Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!