Capacity Building Assistant, EPR(2533 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Afghanistan is one of the longest protracted emergencies affected by ongoing conflict and recurrent natural calamities of different scales. The ongoing insecurity is reducing the national preparedness capacity and diminishing coping mechanisms, thus increasing the vulnerability and lowering community resilience. The Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) directorate is serving as the secretariat for overall health emergency preparedness and response under the leadership of Ministry of Public Health of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. As one of the critical function for EPR management, the Capacity Building is providing framework, guidelines, tools and human resources for building capacities within the MoPH and that of health partners and stakeholders ensuring the technical and institutional capacities for effective health emergency preparedness and response at the national and sub-national levels
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-05-18|
|Closing Date:||30 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||2000 to 3000 USD|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Capacity Building Assistant under direct supervision of the Director of EPR and overall leadership of H.E. Minister of Public Health and in coordination with relevant general directorates of Ministry of Public Health will be performing the following:
1. Monitor national and MOPH response capacity for emergencies, measure against vulnerability during none, pre and during disaster.
2. Human resources strategies developed to build capacity across the sector for health emergency and disaster risk reduction and management
3. Audit of health emergency and disaster risk management skills and experience available and/or needed by administrative location.
4. Plan and manage long term and short term trainings ( to fill identified gaps) of health personnel focusing on emergency preparedness and response.
5. Initiate discussion with Ministry of Higher education for the inclusion of trauma care in the medical school curriculum.
6. Develop database of trained and skilled staff (including: Red Cross, NGOs, civil society, international organizations, military, police, and civil defense, etc.)
7. Implement a mechanism and procedures to quick deployment of qualified staff from a pre-established human resources pool available for response to emergencies
8. Train and equip Rapid Response Teams (multi-sector) at National, provincial district levels
9. Ensure pre-hospital training and capacity building has a direct community focus.
10. Define procedures for integrating volunteers into service delivery during emergencies
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Language skills: Good command of local language(s) and English
The contract type is APW (Agreement for performance of work) and the duty station is Ministry of Public Health.
Education and Experience:
1. Degree in medicine or public health, with relevant certificates and master degree.
2. Minimum of 5 year experience in training on public health in regards to emergency with government, UN and none government organization.
3. Knowledge of concepts and principles of health emergency and overall disaster risk management.
4. Excellent training, coaching and mentoring skills
5. 6. High level of writing and communication skills
6. 7. Willingness to spend high proportion of time travelling to the field
Language skills: Good command of local language(s) and English
1. Team building
2. Managing relationships across units and health partners
3. Planning and organizing
4. Excellent facilitator
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2018-05-18) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Assistant (CBM-H) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Endoscopist (Physician Gastroenterologist) at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Health Promotion Liaison and Communication Of.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Nutrition and Health Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Medical Activity Manager/Bed Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Helmand||23 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialist Gynecologist Female at Médecins Sans Frontièr..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Director of Education & Consultation at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|آمر پروژه ربیس وزونوزیس at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|مدیر ولایتی کنترول امراض.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||22 Feb 2019|
|Provincial Maternal & Child Health Coordinato.. at Afghan Social Marketin..||Kandahar||19 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Khost||31 Dec 2019|