Advocacy Officer-Rule of Law(968 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 381 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Baghlan, and Kunduz, Paktia.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for integrity of justice sector, access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
The advocacy officer will be responsible to develop and implement advocacy plans for transparency and accountability of Afghan justice sector. The officer will also conduct small scale research on the justice sector and provide recommendations to improve integrity of the sector. The advocacy officer is expected to provide cross-cutting support to social accountability and access to information campaigns of Integrity Watch.
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||029/18|
|Closing Date:||25 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main areas of duties and responsibilities of the advocacy officer are as follow:
Advocacy plan and implementation
• Develop and implement advocacy plan for transparency and integrity of justice sector institutions;
• Provide support to the manager advocating for social accountability, access to information, Whistle-blowers protection, illicit financial flows and budget transparency;
Small Scale Research and Translation
• Develop policy/advocacy briefs in coordination with Advocacy Manager on various issues related to the justice sector.
• Advocacy for the findings of researches on justice sector conducted by Integrity Watch;
• Translate documents into English, Dari and/or Pashto;
Event management and training
• Organize conferences and workshops in Kabul and provinces;
• Carry out trainings for CSOs and communities;
Partnership and coalition building
• Identify and develop good relation with stakeholders from Government, Parliament, Donors, CSOs, Media Orgs, academia, etc;
• Build and maintain coalitions to do collective advocacy for implementation of advocacy campaigns;
Project management and reporting
• Carry out internal report to the line manager;
• Follow-up on issues with finance, HR and logistic departments;
• Produce events reports, and properly file the project documents;
• Any other tasks given by the Advocacy Manager;
• Prepare, implement and update advocacy campaign plan for justice sector transparency and integrity.
• Identify the develop relations with stakeholders in Government, CSOs, Media, Academia etc.
• Conduct advocacy activities for promoting transparency and accountability of justice sector.
• Develop policy briefs on justice sector transparency and accountability.
• Provide advocacy support to the line manager in the implementation advocacy campaigns on Access to Information, Social accountability and Whistle-blowers Protection;
• Plan and report on timely manner;
Experience, Knowledge, skills and abilities
• 2 years of working experience of advocacy and/or civil society work.
• Excellent Knowledge and experience of Afghan justice sector.
• Advocacy knowledge and experience;
• Excellent skills of report writing;
• Experiences of event management and conducting workshops and conferences;
• Ability to translate documents in English Dari and/or Pashto;
• Excellent computer skills of Ms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook;
• Ability to develop relations with government, donors and CSOs;
• Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
• Willing to work overtime if requested by Integrity Watch management;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• A Bachelor of Law. Master degree will be preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to below mentioned email. In the e-mail subject line please write “Advocacy Officer-Rule of Law “ and your name.
The deadline for application is 25 May 2018. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received.
|More jobs in this category|
|بست 4 کارشناس حقوقی at شاروالی کابل||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Commercial Lawyer at Amania Group||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|