Commercial Law Procedures STTAs(868 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
On April 18, 2016, USAID launched the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project. The purpose of this Task Order is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. To achieve the main purpose of this Task Order, ADALAT will advance three main sub-purposes:
1. Increased effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector,
2. Strengthened linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and
3. Increased citizen demand for quality legal services.
Under the Year 2 Work Plan, increasing the Supreme Court Capacity to move forward with implementation of the Increasing Supreme Court Capacity for Judicial Commercial Law Trainings of the following deliverable:
ADALAT’s STTA for developing a Commercial Training Manual will closely work with ADALAT – Supreme Court Judicial team as well as with Research and Studies Directorate of SC to standardize the training materials for the Commercial Judges Training, STTA will work with ADALAT to develop the training manual based on the applicable laws and regulations of Afghanistan and deliver relevant materials of trainings (i.e. Commercial related laws and Commercials Procedure Code) throughout Year 3, which ends on December, 2018.
These three short term positions are for up to 60 working days.
Specifically, the STTA will undertake the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||109|
|Closing Date:||25 May 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Will work closely with ADALAT’s Judicial team and Research and Studies Department of the SC in order to draft and develop training material to train and assist Commercial Courts Judges in building their capacity on how to use appropriately the Commercial Related Laws and Regulations to build up the capacity of judges and increase effectiveness in performances of Commercial courts.
• Report on the progress quality of his/her work regarding the development of the training materials or relevant activities to judicial team.
• Collect and conduct research on commercial laws and share the materials with the judicial team.
• STTA will work with judicial team to design and prepare the first part of training manual (introductory to the Commercial disputes, Jurisdiction of Commercial Courts, Eligibility of Parties, Precautionary Measurements and the existence Practical Challenges in Commercial Procedures) based on the applicable Commercial related Laws and Regulations of Afghanistan for its further usage in the Judges training programs of ADALAT and Supreme Court.
•STTA will work with judicial team to do research on performances of the Commercial Primary Court, Cases processing with in primary court, existence challenges, commercial evidences and proofs, and the role of Experts views in making a judicial decision, based on the applicable Commercial Related Laws and Regulations of Afghanistan for its further usage in the Judges training programs of ADALAT and Supreme Court.
•STTA will work with judicial team to design and prepare the first part of training manual (introductory to the Commercial disputes, Jurisdiction of Commercial Courts, Eligibility of Parties, Precautionary Measurements and the existence Practical Challenges in Commercial Procedures) based on the applicable Commercial related Laws and Regulations of Afghanistan for its further usage in the Judges training programs of ADALAT and Supreme Court.
• STTA should collect and research on the related Commercial Laws and Regulations and practical procedures in the courts in order to use them for developing the training material.
• Report to ADALAT regularly.
• Having BA in LLB. Master’s degree holder is preferable.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the related job.
• Prior experience working in the related field is preferred.
• Relevant experiences on conducting legal researches.
• Having experiences on academic legal writing.
• Experience in training development
• Excellent written and spoken Dari language skills. Knowledge on Pashto and English languages are a privilege.
• Ability to use computer programs (MS Office) and access to internet is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
-Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and number exactly such " Commercial Law Procedures STTAs 109 " or else your application may not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Project Specialist - Female at PLACED/MoLSA||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|