Communication Officer(1244 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operationally (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
He/she will also respond and report directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation, Communication and Reporting Sr. Manager and will provide support to all projects under the CPMO.
Under all supervision of Senior M&E/Reporting/communication Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||MAIL-005-018|
|Closing Date:||28 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures that all the communication products are strategically geared to the achievement of Program development objectives and targets.
2. Provide with the program targeted provinces construction and other activities photos/videos and success stories.
3. Organizes ongoing consultations with all governmental and non-governmental stakeholders including partnering donors of the projects to capture stakeholder views and feedback on the CPMO concept implementation modalities and issues.
4. Develops press releases and other promotional and marketing materials in Dari Pashto and English languages which will be posted on MAIL website under CPMO communication section and other social media.
5. Design and coordinates printing of program training materials posters brochures billboards leaflets and other outreach products as required.
6. Coordinates program communications activities with MAIL media and public relations department as well as other MAIL program units.
7. Assist M & E Managers in field data collection, analysis and reporting when needed
8. Develop effective corporate communication strategies.
9. Manage internal communications (memos newsletters etc.)
10. Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website.
11. Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
12. Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews statements etc.
13. Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
14. Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
15. Reform “damage control” in cases of worse publicity
16. Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors.
17. Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Experience with writing press releases and success stories development of scripts for radio and video spots and use of social media channels to reach the public preferred.
2. He/ She should have the skills of using; Adobe Light room Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop Corel Draw Final cut pro.
3. Professional Photography filming and editing documentary.
4. Skills in publication software preferred.
5. English fluency required.
6. Experience in web design and content production is a plus
7. Experience in copywriting and editing
8. Experience in M & E desirable
• Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, business administration, literature, journalism or public administration
• Minimum 4 years of experience with bachelor degree and three years with master degree in relevant fields.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Communication
• The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Communication Officer-MAIL-005-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Animal Production Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||29 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator at MAIL/NHLP||Farah||29 Sep 2018|
|Regional Orchard Management Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Livestock Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Entomologist at MAIL/AAIP||Nangarhar||25 Sep 2018|