Program Assistant (PA)(762 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 92 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Paktia and Kunduz.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
The Integrity Building Program Assistant will be responsible to manage the activities of Integrity Building Program on provincial level. He/ she has the responsibility of engaging with local stakeholders and government authorities to promote anti-corruption efforts and demand transparency. Furthermore, this position involves administering and management of the Integrity centre. The Integrity Building Program Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||031/18|
|Closing Date:||24 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Assistant are as following:
1. Manage administrative, logistics and financial affairs of Integrity centre;
2. Identify and mapping civil society organizations/ CSOs;
3. Share the published resources with CSOs and other stakeholders;
4. Maintain and update all project records, files and database;
5. Equip the Integrity Center with soft and hard resources/ documents concerning anti-corruption, social accountability, and access to information;
6. Prepare and compile activity reports and submit to Integrity Building Program on regular basis;
7. Liaise with CSOs, NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to establish and maintain coordination networks;
8. Represent Integrity Watch in all coordination meetings at the provincial level;
9. Prepare weekly and monthly work plans and sharing with Integrity Building Program Manager;
10. Develop and present progress reports to Integrity Building Program Manager;
11. Hold meetings with stakeholders including citizen groups, academia (public policy departments of universities) and encourage them to use the facilities of the Integrity Center;
12. Coordinate with CSOs and government on anti-corruption efforts;
13. Assist the Provincial Coordinator/field officer in financial and logistics tasks;
14. Assist in establishing Provincial Integrity Networks/ PINs as knowledge platform to influence local authorities demand integrity and fight against corruption.
The candidate should have very good written and verbal language skills in both official languages as well as English.
The candidate should have Bachelor degree in computer science, social science, law, literature, development studies or other relevant degree program with 2 years’ experience.
Afghanistan - Balkh: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAZAR SHARIF)
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Job Description to below mentioned email.. In the e-mail subject line please write “Program Assistant, Balkh” and your name.
The deadline for applications is March 24 May 2018. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|District Manager (CCAP) at DACAAR||Nuristan||19 Jun 2018|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Interns – Bright Future Program at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||13 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant FSN-08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|(تحویلدار جنسی (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||04 Jun 2018|
|HRMIS Database Technical Advisor RE Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Orthopaedic Technician at Ministry of Public Health||Khost||03 Jun 2018|
|Demining Team Medic at Afghan Technical Consultants||Multi Cities||25 May 2018|
|Demining Field Medical Officer (MD) at Afghan Technical Consultants||Multi Cities||25 May 2018|
|Hygiene & Sanitation Supervisor Emergency Cou.. at DACAAR||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Guard at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services for Afgha..||Herat||27 May 2018|
|Admin /Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Zabul||26 May 2018|
|ولدنگ کار at DABS||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|تکنیشنن اکسری at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|Day and Night Mentors at OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Cook آشپز at DRCC||Kabul||24 May 2018|